Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A philosophical View Part-4

BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
Time - A magical quality about time is the way it speeds up when we

are doing something we like and slows down when we hate the task at hand.

Time, even while we perceive it to expand and contract, is the one immutable thing

in our lives that is fixed by fate and unyielding in its slow eroding nature. All the money, power,

glory, fame and stature ,can not extend time. In the course of events , time become more precious as it

lessens. If their is a kind of immortality, then it must lie in what we have become and what people

remember of us. Most will never be famous or write music so magical it will be remembered

and listened to untill the end of time itself. Most of us lead more tranquel lives , some say, of quiet

desperation. If we are remembered it will be for the simple every day qualities that truly make up a

person of quality. Love , given and received with grace and devotion, integrity, determination,

loyalty and fidelity to God, Flag and family. Reliability, that you were there for those you loved and

cared about . It is amazing how our own priorities seem to change with time.

Perhaps, the reason is because we ourselves are changing with the passage of time. What seemed

so important to us in achieving, fame, stature and promotion , all is fleeting, all an illusion. What is

true and real is what we give of ourselves to others. If we bring our memories with us to the end,

so too will we leave memories of ourselves behind. I know that broadcast waves, go out into space

for all eternity reaching toward the most distant stars. I often wonder if memories live beyond the

span of life itself ,as a form of energy radiating on its own wave length. It would be nice to believe

that memories can transcend time and space for all eternity

Perhaps our immortality lies within the double helix of life itself

Our children are a part of our immortality, we give them life, we tend them as gently as

a flower ,we watch them bloom into adults and if time permits, spend happy years in shairing our love.

How do we each wish to be remember by friends and family for our time alloted on this world. That my

dear friends can only be written by each of you. Spend your time with wisdom,spend your time with love,

spend your time as if each full minute were a universe unto itself.If you are to be remembered, let it

be for the person you have become and not for material things of gold.

There once was a place called
Camelotimage

Comments

• Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    That's beautiful man.
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    njcoincranknjcoincrank Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    The dead are not judged by the size of their estate, but rather by the attendence at their funeral.

Bear,

You have proven that man-kind is not the smartest creature on this planet......I look forward to more.....

njcoincrank
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • Options
    CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    bear, you told me mrs. bear wouldnt let me have your coins if anything happened to you......can i have your donuts?image....... an inspiration to all. and wonderfully said......image
  • Options
    Bear,

Awesome, just awesome...................

Thanks Again,

Mike
    DE FALCO NUMISMATIC CONSULTING
    Visit Our Website @ www.numisvision.com
    Specializing in DMPL Dollars, MONSTER toners and other Premium Quality U.S. Coins

*** Visit Mike De Falco's NEW Coin Talk Blog! ***
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, bear . . .
    Doug
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the perspective boost friend.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    It is clear that some of us have some hugely unignorable talent. All I can say, through part 4 is, "WOW".
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    After two pitchers of Margaritas, I think that ol BearCat is callin us names!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

<< <i>After two pitchers of Margaritas, I think that ol BearCat is callin us names! >>

..........hep kitty, after all of those margaritas....dont be driving that very kool chevy.......image
  • Options
    ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    Okay Bear, I'm ready. I'm ready to join The Church of Bear. If you tell me we're all going to live on a comet now, I'm with you.

I appreciate your Four Pillars of Wisdom posts. Made for a pretty good Saturday night around here.

I am feeling quite serene now... yes, peace... the soothing balm of the soul.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Just let me know if he insulted Doo Wop! I'll fix him!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    I printed parts 1-4, and passed it around the family. It is like someone gave us a roaring fire with a warm hearth. Thanks, Bear!
  • Options
    HadleydogHadleydog Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭
    You have a very special gift, little bear. And this has become a very special thread. I think you have touched us all through your insightfulness and eloquence. I too have printed this, and will pull it out from time to time to place things in perspective. Thank you!image
  • Options
    LuvdawgsLuvdawgs Posts: 1,512
    Very good words of wisdom, Bear. Thanks.

• Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    An eloquent Bear indeed. This series is turning into a true "Bear-desiderata".image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file