Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Troll Alert Level Raised

Charleston (AP) - In a brief press release issued today, Director of Coinland Security, Aethelred, announced that the Troll Alert Level has been raised to orange. This marks the first time that the day old warning system has reached this level.
"We do not wish to cause panic," said Aethelred, "but as we enter the critical weekend period it is more important than ever that we be prepared for what could happen." Posters were urged to have at least a three day supply of wit and sarcasm on hand in the event of an attack.

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• Options
    Quick, who has duct tape?
  • Options
    Alert the troll patrol. All you merc collectors get your fishing lures in the water trolling for trollsimageimage

DAN
    United States Air Force Retired And Would Do It Again.

My first tassa slap 3/3/04

My shiny cents

imageThe half I am getting rid of and me, forever and always Taken in about 1959
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Charleston (AP) - In a brief press release issued today, Director of Coinland Security, Aethelred, announced that the Troll Alert Level has been raised to orange. This marks the first time that the day old warning system has reached this level.
    "We do not wish to cause panic," said Aethelred, "but as we enter the critical weekend period it is more important than ever that we be prepared for what could happen." Posters were urged to have at least a three day supply of wit and sarcasm on hand in the event of an attack. >>

Did he have anything to do with raising the Public Restroom Alert to Lavender????
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    Okay, I STILL have not figured out what a troll is. Anyone care to enlighten me?
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay, I STILL have not figured out what a troll is. Anyone care to enlighten me? >>

A troll is someone who stirs up trouble and controversy in a chat room.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    <<<Has emillie06 aka Barbie been contacted yet about this security breach? >>>>

Lol I love it too funny, I'm sure she will be.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Warning! That's a REAL bug!!!!!
  • Options
    We just need to find a way to control the trolls..image
    1969s WCLR-001 counterclash
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually the troll posts something really outlandish and then defends it to the death, picking lots of fights in the process. It is hard not to respond to the troll because the point they are making is so stupid.
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

And the person who wrote all that is a paranoid loony.

Always wondered what this overused troll label was supposed to mean. If that's the accepted definition, it can be distilled into "anyone I disagree with" by the labeler.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Post is imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    now that is a classic post . image
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mirabela
  • Options
    csdotcsdot Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    Unrelated, but what part of Charleston? I am in Mt. P?
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post Aethelred
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice to know ( I think)

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirabela, Thanks for rejuvenating (or resuscitating) a classic and very timely Aethelred post. image

Contextual Link

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay, I STILL have not figured out what a troll is. Anyone care to enlighten me? >>

There's this cool thing called Wikipedia...

Example of a troll thread
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

There's this cool thing called Wikipedia...

Example of a troll thread >>

...lol...in all fairness to dude who posted "Okay, I STILL have not figured out what a troll is. Anyone care to enlighten me?"

The Wikipedia reference in which you posted a link was most likely created after dude made his post (2007), considering that almost every reference used in the article is post 2007 image
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, didn't notice it was a 12-year-old thread...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although it is an old thread, I thoroughly enjoy Swampboy's picture of the Troll.... I lived in Seattle for twenty years and saw that troll on many occasion... a real landmark there. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Aethelred in Charleston AND posting on the Liteside, I knew it had to be a vintage thread resurrection! image

I only wish I could remember who the troll was at that particular time!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's Aethelred?

imageimage
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw one once at a coin show caught him outside in the parking lot with out a shirt on then in the show with one on.......

This was not nice I need to pull it. No one is telling me to I just need to. Sorry

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still relevant ...
    mirabela
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may also come in handy...

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This may also come in handy...

image >>

That is relevant on several of these boards lately! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file