Home U.S. Coin Forum

SOMEBODY SHOOT ME!!!!!!!!!

Got caught up in the live bidding and hit that evil button way after I told myself NO!!!
PLEASE SOMEBODY SLAP ME HARD.

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Bang, bang, you're dead.

Russ, NCNE
  • It's called "click happy" and yes, it's a sickness image
    " I hoard coins, that's what I do, it's my nature"

• Well,

You do have that avatar of Mike Myers, you could always stab yourself repeatedly if you think that would help.

In fact you should also do so for other reasons related to Myers himself, something like "No more sequels, NO MORE SEQUELS!!! End the pain!!!"

Seriously though, the real issue is whether you like what you purchased even at the slightly inflated price. If so then you'll get over it.
    << There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it. >>

- Mary Wilson Little

<< To understand what you're saying would imply I give a damn >>

- Me
  • What did I get?
    a headache when it's time to pay.
    Paid way too much for two toned Morgans. What I hate is when I think too late. I paid $200 (plus $40) for a Binion Morgan, told myself $150 max. then afterwards I say to myself nearly every Binion has come through teletrade so I go to see if I can find my coin and wouldn't you know it there it is last june 16 sold for 90 bucks....Please I'm too stupid to live....SHOOT. I also paid too much for the other but I like that one enough to not care.
  • AJ007,

Isn't there a 12-step program for bidding? BA? CBA?

I wouldn't slap you (it is not in my nature).

But if you want, I could send you endless PMs with the mantra...

"Pick a price and stay with it... Pick a price and stay with it..."

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst thing you can do after you have recognized that you have made a mistake is to repeat it. If you didn’t lose that much, view it as tuition.

When it comes to auctions I set my limit and most stick to it. If ONE more bid increment can land the item I MIGHT do that if I really want it, but after it’s THE END.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heh, is that why the call it "pulling the trigger"?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Hey dont look back, look forward. The coin was obviously worth almost what you paid to the other bidder! If you like what it looks like, be happy!image
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    when it comes to click sick I,m save, but when a coin is out of the case and in my hand I lost all my common scene and with give anything for it. shot me tooimage

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    What eagle 7 said goes for me too
    I brake for ear bars.
  • EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AgentJim:

I think most of us understand what you went through. Cheer up though, because there is a silver lining...

Obviously, you must really love the coin to be caught up in the bidding frenzy. Now that you own it, consider the value that you place on your personal happiness. Is it worth how much you're going to pay for the coin? Likely, your happiness is worth MUCH more (to you, anyway).

Just enjoy the coin, and hold onto it long enough to get your money's worth of happiness (or pride or whatever) out of it. When it comes time to sell it, if you don't recoup enough financially, remember that you still came out ahead because you spend a couple hundred dollars today on something that will repeatedly bring you happiness for as long as you cherish it.

Regards,

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    007 good to see you around againimage yes, but deep down inside your brain was telling you, click the button, dont wait, click it now ,oh no times almost up. click it click it now.......yes, yes, i won it , i won it, now wasnt that funimageimage

• << <i>Bang, bang, you're dead.

Russ, NCNE >>

brush your teeth and go to bed? image
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • labloverlablover Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agent Jim:
    Had the very same problem. If my wife finds out I'm dead too. Bought 4 Toned Morgans, 1 Toned Franklin and a nice Seated Liberty. I'm in deep s!!!. Oh those credit card blues.
    LabLover
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • I have to agree with Sarasota... but in a differant way. "Brush your teeth and go to bed" thats exactly what you need to do 007 go to sleep and forget about it. In the long run its no big deal.
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Prices on the Binion coins are ridiculous. You can buy like coins for less than half the money in regular NGC and PCGS holders. Sooner or later the bubble is going to burst on the Binion slabs, and some people are going to get caught holding the bag. Hope it isn't you.
  • K6AZ...ya, it'll be me on this one but it's the only one I own. I'm not trying to justify my buy price 'cause I know I over paid but don't count on some perverbial bubble bursting. I remember when you could pick up nice GSA's for 50 bucks ( not that long ago) and redfields for no real premium over the coin. People like their pedigree's. Much like the toned GSA one thing I believe I can be sure of is coins in the Binion holders aren't AT.
  • Klectorkid..your right it's no big deal. Sometimes I like to kick myself in the ass just because it itches
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Neither are the coins in regular holders. The problem with the Binion coins is that there are so many of them, and there were a lot of the Binion coins that were sold raw, and aren't in Binion holders.
  • OKimage
  • robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    AJ007, from the looks of your icon, I doubt shooting you would do anything. If you like the coin though, that's all that matters right? Or were you hoping to flip it for a profit? In that case you're just plain screwed.
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    There a several reasons I dont participate in auctions. The first is that it raises my blood pressure. The

second reason ,is my lack of dicipline. I get competative and just dont want to lose. Now if I

am interested in a major auction item, I select a trusted dealer to bid on my behalf. It is worth the small

fee, to save myself from getting in over my head, with the usual next morning regrets.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    The first is that it raises my blood pressure.
    Just like jelly filled donuts huh? image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file