Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

New Swap

Okay, so many of you guys have expressed interest in another swap and so many have received nice packages, me especially, that I am taking orders for the next swap. Same rules except that I will be putting each person who signs up with a number and the swaps will be drawn out of a hat. That way nobody is given a raw deal, except that I will check to insure that nobody sends to or receives from the same person in the valentine's day swap. Will close this out, unless somebody objects, the end of the month. Okay, let's go. Louie

Comments

• Options
    LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    Mike Dixon properly corrected me on a little bit of oversight. Naturally the trade will be a minimum of 30.00 but the maximum is left to the individual sender.
  • Options
    i want in the next one
    thankyou
    joe
    9/11/01 NEVER FORGET

12/14/03 Bremer Confirms U.S. Captured Saddam

Joe Holt

joe_holt@bellsouth.net
  • Options
    tander123tander123 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    I have never done it before, but heck put my name in the hat. Any additional tips for the newbies will be appreciated.

Terry
    Excellent BST board members who complete their deals: WONDERCOIN, DABIGKAHUNA, GEMSTATECOINS, FIVECENTS, SILVEREAGLES92, NEWMISMATIST, GTOster, SCHMITZ7,
  • Options
    Count me in.
  • Options
    Count me in again also
  • Options
    achteyachtey Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    Do you have to swap graded coins or can I swap raw coins? I'm just wondering. Let me know, and maybe I'll join in too.
    The world meets no one half way. If you want it you have to go get it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Count me in again.

Tade
  • Options
    Count me out. I did one swap at Christmas and I got the short end of the stick. I know it's better to give than receive thans why I didn't say anything (until now). I gave probably $30 wholesale, plus six bucks to ship. I got no more than 5 bucks of modern foreign pocket change. Good luck on your swap.
  • Options
    AgentJim007, sorry you feel this way. Was it one of the swaps that I hosted? If it was, wish you would have let me know. I would have made up the difference to you in my own coins. Louie
  • Options
    AgentJim007:

You at least got something, Ritchiewan was to send to me and nothing came at all. Michael Dixon was in
    charge and he, like Louie, offered to make it up at their own expense.

I turned Michael down, as I have been in about 6 swaps and I have gotten to know some really nice
    members through them (Michael included). It has been worth the money.

I don't use wholesale costs, I use RedBook. Being a chump, I usually pay way over their prices for anything in my collection.

Stay in Jim, I think it is worth it and if get your name, no foriegn coins - well maybe a few.

Tade
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in.
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in I reckon...........

Achtey, raw or slabbed, it doesn't matter to most swappers........talk to whoever you swap with and get an idea of what they collect and try to find something you think they might like. I usually try to send a variety of different coins, mostly raw in slabbable grades and maybe a couple slabs.
    imageimage

• Options
    Only three more days left before this swap is closed out. Anybody else want in? Will assign numbers to all participants, drop them into a bowl and the wife will pick out the numbers. I will notify all of who is to send to whom on 1 March. Louie
  • Options
    OK, count me into this one too
  • Options
    Okay, guys, only three days left to get in on this one. When it closes at 1200 midnight EST, that will be it. I know a trader wanted in on the last one after it closed. If you're interested then get on board. I will make this statement. One trader said he was not in because he got a lousy swap. If there is anyone who does get a lousy swap in this one, I will personally send additional coins to compensate that trader. I can't do any better than that. Louie
  • Options
    OKAY Louie, count me in.
    I was in a Christmas swap and I feel very bad about the results. The person who got my name sent me a GREAT gift...several coins, pads, pens,candy and flips.
    I, on the other hand, couldn't get my person to answer my email so I got a free ride.
    If you have anyone on your list who was "Stiffed", please assign him to me. I want to do extra good for someone. Thanx. Twowood

• Options
    I'm in, just let me know what's up.
  • Options
    bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    Count me in. Thanks

Randy
  • Options
    Count me in.
    Thanks,
    Aaron
  • Options
    Got 13 as of the present time. Only a day and a half left.
  • Options
    Okay, time is up. Here is the results: Person should contact person to whom he is sending and get address and wants/needs/desires, etc., so that a suitable swap maybe can be made. Louie

aeast236 sends to
    tade sends to
    twowood sends to
    louie sends to
    fatman sends to
    MichaelDixon sends to
    Mr Pawn sends to
    rd5425 sends to
    GaCoinNewbie sends to
    Joe Holt sends to
    Bgman sends to
    achtey sends to
    tander 123 sends to
    aest 236

Now, contact your swapper and let's swap. Good luck to all. Louie

• Options
    Okay, got a problem. One of the swappers indicated he got the same trader as he did in the last swap and wanted to see if I could do anything. Here is what I come up with and hope others do not have the same problem.

aeast236 sends to
    tade sends to
    twowood sends to
    louie sends to
    fatman sends to
    michael dixon sends to
    Mr. Pawn sends to
    GaCoinNewbie sends to
    joe holt sends to
    rd5425 sends to
    Bgman sends to
    achtey sends to
    Tander123 sends to
    aeast 236

Hopefully this will cause too much problems as it is still new and maybe people have not contacted the wrong people. This change only effects: Mr. Pawn, GaCoinNewbie, Joe Holt and rd5425. Let me know
  • Options
    TwowoodTwowood Posts: 518
    Hey Louie; Please EM me. I guess my PM's haven't gotten thru to you. I need your name,address etc. to send you your gift. Thanx Twowood (WJJENK@AOL.COM)
  • Options
    Your package is in the mail Louie.Hope you like it! Twowood
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭
    Got my swap package from MrPawn today..............real nice package......

First out of the gate is a super nice 1992 Silver Proof Set(I swear this Washington could go 70).........
    Next we have an 1877 Seated Dime in EF that is a super upgrade from my cleaned AG one in my Dansco........
    Then a trio of GB large pennies in VF-UNC......an 1863, a 1936, and a 1962......

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

And, JoeHolt, your package is on the way as of this afternoon........
    imageimage

• Options
    Received a great package from M Dixon today: a 1955-S Lincoln PCGS MS66RD that will help my Type Set and an attractive 1943 Walking Liberty that will upgrade the one in my Grandson's Dansco
    Thank you from both of us.

GaCoinNewbie,
    Glad that you liked the coins. Finding them was fun as well. I hope that if you do send that quarter in that you get a 70.
  • Options
    I got my package from BGMAN. It was great!!!!!!! Everything in there was soooooo cool. I even got my first peace dollar. I love it. Thanks for everything bgman. I hope tander was happy with what I sent. Let me know.
  • Options
    Got my package a couple days ago from aeast296 and was very pleased. Given that I wanted quarters if
    possibke, he sent me 6 and I needed 5 of them, and the 6th was better than I had before.

I love these swaps.

Tade