Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This thread is only for coin dealers!

Whiney retail buyers who use this forum to bash dealers for stupid, petty reasons SUCK BIG TIME!

TRUTH

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a dealer--thanks for the insult!image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Thanks for that wonderful info on coins, I never thought it was possible! BTW Great picture.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    How bout HepKitty collectors?
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options

<< <i>Whiney retail buyers >>

You must be a Dealer, what is the name of your coin dealing bussiness?
  • Options

<< <i>Whiney retail buyers who use this forum to bash dealers for stupid, petty reasons SUCK BIG TIME!

TRUTH >>

Now Truth, THAT'S funny! image

However, I have to carry that a bit further. Why do you object so strongly when the criticism is targeted at dealers? Why don't you object when honest, hard working sellers on Ebay, with good feedback and a long hard-earned trackrecord receive the same criticism? What is good for one is good for the other!! image
  • Options
    Klectorkid,

First, tell me the name of your diaper service?

TRUTH
  • Options
    Anyone ever notice how thin-skinned some dealers can be?? Seems they think each and every one of them are above reproach. Sorry, regardless of the kind of business you run, customer service is still important. image
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't we all just get along. lolimage

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    The dealers I do bussiness with, have shown me the same professionalism, kindness and

integrety that I show towards them . They ship me quality coins, promptly ,at a fair price

and I pay promptly. Once I feel that a price is competative for the quality of the coin, I

never nibble the dealer to death with bear bites. I never go back on my word and I have

never had any of my regular dealers go back on their word to me. That attitude is the only way to get

access to the really first run quality coins. They are never shown to whiners or verbally

abusive clients. As in any walk of life, good relationships make for pleasent transactions

as well as a more pleasent hobby.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    Bear,

Shouldn't that be bear bites instead of duck bites?image

GSAGUY
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Bear, you are a very wise man indeed. Here in the sunny south, we natives prefer do business with friends. We try to make all our new acquaintances friends. It really works out pretty well. It is a simple life. Sometimes I get annoyed with my friends, but they're still my friends.image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just face it everything Sucks in this Hobby and Business. So it seems.

Sure seems to be quite a few folks that like punishment....Huh !!!

Come on someone start a thread where something does not Suck or does not get turned into a Yes it does Suck.

Man this place Sucks lately.

Ken
  • Options

<< <i>Man this place Sucks lately. >>

I'm not gonna say it, this is a public forum,.....Nope I wont!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my three cents....you get what you pay for...pay a little more and youll get better customer service and all the extras....push to get the best price and youll get less and less
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options

<< <i>First, tell me the name of your diaper service? >>

A little thin skinned arent we?
  • Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it OK to bash dealers here for thoughtful, significant reasons??
    Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Man this place Sucks lately. >>

I'm not gonna say it, this is a public forum,.....Nope I wont! >>

Lucy!!! Drop that thing! image
  • Options
    I sold three coins this week.

Everyone was happy.

If they all hated me for it, I guess I would be a dealer.

Then Laura would hate me.

I'm glad everyone was happy, as I'm just kinda sorta playing at dealing.

Now Laura's really going to hate me. image
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    KK,

Just telling it like it is! And I saw your post before the edit. Those lonely kids end up being the Bill Gates of the industry.

MS71,

Bash away for those rude, obstinant, obnoxious, crooked dealers.

TRUTH
  • Options
    Sometimes in finding a dealer, one must consider if your personalities are simpatico. If you find

the dealer who has the coins you like and who also is willing to understand and respect your

collecting eccentricities, then you have found your self a keeper of a dealer. Reasonable discounts

come from becoming a reliable and steady client. While there are shady dealers there are also

decent and friendly ones just looking for you as a client. I generally know in a few minutes if

a dealer is going to become one of my regular suppliers. Some of the dealers are small and some

are large companies with key people I do bussiness with. If the transaction is not pleasent for me

then I would rather pass. There is too much unpleasentness in the world with out having to face

it in my enjoyable hobby.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    R u Bill Gates? Ever once and a while that happens. But usually they just get semi-crappy jobs and try to make ends meat. Why r u so PO'ed all I did was ask what the name of your dealership was after I assumed you were a dealer? I dont see what offened you. R u not a dealer?
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As my 4 year old rapps the drums, i will say this. I had a guy buy some barber quarters from me, circs key dates etc.. Well after all was said and done he liked the coins but felt he was overchared by $3.00 based on condition. After throwing up, I prmply offered a full refund whereby he instantly refused and went away mad.

I am a dealer want a be but I can understand the thread.

Tbig
  • Options
    I like buying and selling coins.

I like meeting people and talking coins. I like the thrill of the hunt.

I like waking up early and sneaking out of the house and being one of the first guys at a local coin show and meeting my friends and making money for them and buying cool coins.

I like the challenge of taking good pictures and treating guys who sell coins to me, well.

I like selling coins and giving guys a break on prices when they are friendly and decent.

I like the PCGS forum, most of the guys and gals here.

I like working hard at the business and succeeding at it.

But i gotta admit, i do dislike it when some folks can only see the bad and miss so much of the good. I try to avoid them like the plague.

I also dislike people who are either not honest or don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. One guy really made me mad not long ago.

He told me he had several hundred auction catalogs for sale. I told him, how much do you want for them. He told me he would get back with me.

You know how it goes, the BS just never ends. I offered to pay him for every one, have one of my employees go to his house and pick them up.

As it turns out after many conversations, he doesn't really want to sell them.

So, get me salivating, waste my time, and then turn me down?

You get to know him, he's just goofy and irritating.

When he offers coins to me....i always pass. When he asks me the price of a coin, i always quote him a ridiculously high price.

He's getting the idea. I can't stand him. It seems that I'm not the only one.

He often comes to coin shows with dark sox and shorts. Bald. "Full Time Numismatist." His first name is David. Last name begins with C. Single. (What a surprise.)

A Dallas guy. Should have his will provide for paid mourners at his funeral, or else he'll be the only one there.

I would try to keep an open mind about him but man, it's like excessive drinking....after a while you just know there's very little hope of any benefit in it.
  • Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭
    KK,

Let's face it, your initial response post was sarcastic. The reason for my thread is simple. There are TOO MANY whiney crybabies on this forum. I used to deal retail and saw way too many. I am a collector and dealer. Over the last 10 years, the collectors have grown from snotty kids, to adult snotty collectors, always with an attitute for instant gratification, cheap prices, and little courtesy. The end result, many dealers who are rude, crude and crooked. What do you expect. It's the American way. I very RARELY see posts for pleasuable deals, and when I do, kudos to those who take the time to post. But over the last 6 months, it seems that many collectors want TIFFANY service for a 5% dealer profit or free information, or free quotes or free appraisals. Those expectations are unwise, and for those who feel they are allowed to bash good natured dealers or use this forum as a tool to get their way, it becomes a VERY SAD indicator of what the collector public has become. I grew up in this hobby from age 10, even if the dealer were cranky, I was always polite and respectful. That's why I am PO'd. Another reason is your spelling. It goes a long way for respect to have descent spelling.

TRUTH
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a rule somewhere that states if you're bald, you must wear dark colored dress socks with shorts?
    (Also, is there a follow up policy that then states you must have legs as white as Elmers glue?)

The same guys frequently violate the "dick-e-do" policy*.

*If your stomach sticks out further than your dickie do, you shouldn't be wearing shorts.

peacockcoins

• Options
    "Descent" Spelling?????????????????????/
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

• Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 898 ✭✭
    descent spelling? imageimage
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 898 ✭✭
    a pleasuable attitute??imageimage
  • Options
    Maybe it's the "descent" spelling that makes for the "pleasuable" deals??????

• Options

<< <i>It goes a long way for respect to have descent spelling. >>

Rats! Since English isn't my native tongue, my spelling is terrible...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    "Descent" and "pleasuable" were planted to see who would jump on my case. Obviously, it worked.

TRUTH
  • Options
    Truthteller - Please lighten up on the beaver, we furry creatures stand together. Bear
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    yawn,

PLONK
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    Don't you just hate it when whiney dealers complain because a retail customer doesn't like getting screwed and tells them so?

Opps, wrong thread ( I misread the title)image
  • Options
    PLONK to you too.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    TT, I'm a truthteller also. YOU SUCK. Kscope
  • Options
    Kscope,

Ah yes, and young Americans will be fighting in Iraq on behalf of people of intelligence levels like yours. SO SAD.

TRUTH
  • Options
    Well since we are a dealer I guess I will jump in on itimage
    For the short time I have been here I have learned alot, I have also been bashed a few times, and I have seen praise.
    I use this forum for learning on what we need to be a better company and I take it to the office and we discuss what we need to change to be better, we know we are not perfect.
    Seems to me I see alot of bashing for any coin dealer's that sells on ebay. Or a dealer (like us) that sells anything else other then PCGS or NGC coins.
    I can say I have never seen a thread about bad buyers on eBay here. Like the ones that bid but never pay, or then the ones that call and get a off the system deal and still don't pay...

I really like the threads about blurry pics or a typo on the heading of a auction. Try taking pics and listing 500 - 700 coin auctions in 3 days every week and see how hard it is and how much work is involved in doing so. And that with this kind of time frame involved that maybe a few mistakes may occour. And with all this going on still deal with coin sells with other dealers and regular customers off the eBay system.. And to add to that if the dealer does the coin circut, that has alot of work involved to gear up for a show..

Lets jump into shipping coin's while we are add it. I know you guys want to pay near nothing to have a coin shipped, and thats fine. We also buy and have items shipped to us, and we get upset when a seller nails us for shipping... We try to ship everything priority mail (2-3 day service) We were seeing many lost coins in the mail when we shipped first class in the padded envelopes (on a averge day we ship 50 packages A DAY) not counting fedex's. Yet when they get lost in the care of the US mail we are blamed for them being lost, like we lost the package! With shipping priority mail we have seen a huge drop in lost packages, and our customers are getting their coins much faster...

Being a coin dealer is very hard work, and a good coin dealer (there are many here!) is always learning from his customer's on how to be a better coin dealer. We very much enjoy selling coins on eBay, We have made many friends. Yes they are not just customer's, but friends also!

Gary

fairtraderz eBay auctions
    fairtraderz@rare-things.com
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

<< <i>"Descent" and "pleasuable" were planted to see who would jump on my case. Obviously, it worked. >>

One would only believe that to be the TRUTH had you listed all your other errors as well.

What an attitute.

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    It has to be the start of the weekend!!!

I wonder how some function at work! Your boss tells you your work sucks and there is no bonus. Do you go home and beat the wife? Kid? Dog? All the above?

It's just f#*@ing coins people!!!! Move on move on, both sides.
  • Options
    I like to watch people fight.

I also like to fight.

I don't like to lose, though. But at least if you lose, you have a good scar and a story.

Nothin' worse than a boring life.

• Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. >>

• Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    DL,

This is for you.....

A young man goes to the monastary and says "I'd like to be a monk."
    The elder across from him says "That's fine young man. We only have one requirement of you. You'll only be allowed to speak one sentence every five year, can you do that?". The young man says he can.
    Five years pass and the young man comes before the elder. The elder asks "What have you to say?" to which the young man replies "My oatmeal had lumps in it this morning."
    After five more years the young man comes before the elder. The elder asks "What will you say?" to which the young man replies "My bed is hard as a rock."
    Five years later the young man comes before the elder. The elder asks "What have you to say?" to which the young man replies "I don't want to be a monk anymore."

The elder says.....Good, all you've done is b.tch since you got here.image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be time to quit posting and sober up...??image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    TT, or FOOL, or DUMBASS, whatever fits the bill. I'd RATHER not see any combat happen. But, to ignore the obvious is plain stupidity.

Perhaps, you may choose to wait for something to happen, and then feel that you know what should be done. Or, do something that is preventative.

You're coming across as a type of person, that I'd probably feel doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

But, then, that is another thread.

If combat is certain, please send your support to those brave souls who have sworn to defend our country. If not, move to France or Germany. Kscope
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>. The end result, many dealers who are rude, crude and crooked. What do you expect. It's the American way.
    TRUTH >>

I don't think so. Please leave the country.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    Ah, Kscope,

Spoken like a true unAmerican!

TRUTH
  • Options
    Hey Bryan {GSA Guy }, Adrian is beating on bald guys again!!image

Tim
    My proof Jeffs
  • Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Gary @ Fairtraderz.
    I am in the marketing field, and let me say bravo to you for spending more time with your customers. Not everyone here is a nimrod. I don't remember my post count (something north of 500) and I have yet to flame someone. It's not worth the aggravation. So give us some patience and you will find that there are some sane people here, with real money to spend. I just checked out your site and will be buying soon. Thanks for taking the high road and come back often.
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file