Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Late Shippers

Why do some people take so long to ship their eBay stuff out? I had a package sent to me USPS priority Mail from California to Connecticut. They shipped it on a Monday I had it on Wednesday. I have 2 eBay items I am waiting for, the first was won on the 22nd and is coming from FLA and the second I won on the 27th and is coming from only 45 minutes away from me.

I am being too unrealistic to think both items should have already arrived?

P.S. Both were paid for within hours of the auctions end with PayPal.
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    They should be shipped out fast, especially with paypal payment. I would expect 1-2 days to get to the post office and 5 more days for the mailing and getting your coin one week after the auction ends.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Bill,
    Is that you holed up in the mail truck in FL? Your coin is in another truck. Surrender!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Mailtruck thread

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to ship out within 48 hours and I use P1 mail for all shipments....sometime people get backed up, I know many dealers that have hundreds of shipments going out and are backed up several days....also some ebay people arent dealers and on common items buy them only after they sell them....if you dont believe me look at the thread of the coin company for sale in CA....if you read the ebay info they even say they buy the items after they sell them....so much for being a real dealer!
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    in the last year we've had stolen postal money orders charged back to us. counterfeit bank checks returned and palpay payments charged back. if the seller waits a few days for the dust to settle, don't be too harsh. or perhaps the seller is attending a show trying to buy material to give away on ebay. besides, who wants to stand in a line at the postal circus 5 days a week.
  • Options

<< <i>Your payment has been received and
    we will be shipping your material shortly. >>

I guess shortly is a relative term.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I always ship out my auction the next day after payment is received (except for checks). I require shipment by Priority mail so people don't get impatient. I also expect quick shipment from sellers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file