Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

what your best ebay bargan buying or selling

I haven't seen that question in a while. myself I never get any bargans on ebay. to many sniper out there

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer

Comments

• Options
    mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    My best ebay bargan has to be this link filpped it for $65 two days after i got it.
  • Options
    Would have to say my best was a '29 buffalo. Paid around 20 for it, got BB'd by NGC for cleaning, sold it (in the BB) for $35.
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    My best one so far would be a 1965 SMS Kennedy holdered by PCGS as an MS67 no cam that I picked up from R&I for $45. I thought they got screwed on the cameo designation, so I cracked it out and re-submitted it. It came back an MS67CAM, and I sold it for $385.image Also did it to them on a 1967 SMS that I cracked out and got upgraded from 65CAM to 67CAM.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

<< <i> I picked up from R&I for $45 >>

Sounds like Tomaska is losing his touchimage

My best find was a 1998 Collector's set for only $45. I slabbed both and the MS69 50c went for $350

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best was e-mailing the seller of a lot that attracted no bids (Bay Bridge MS-64 PCGS 1st gen holder) due to the opening ask of $200.00. I offered $100.00 and he took it. I still have it in the original holder every bit a 65/66 but too skiddish to crack it out...I'm a crack-out chicken, ya know image

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    I like that R & I I just brought a black Ike from them black Ike

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Interesting link, MacCoin.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Just picked this one up and got the coin today. It looks much nicer in person with great luster, no yellowish tinge and nice blue/russet toning. It's a great deal since MS65s usually go for $350+

22-D NGC MS65

Michael
  • Options
    Mine has to be getting this toned morgan for $32. I dont think you can buy an untoned one for less.

Here is the Link

Lori
  • Options
    Bought a raw French Colonies 1/2 Sou Marque circa 1740 as an AU (it looked pretty good in the scan) for $40, sent it in to PCGS and it came back as an MS65.

I'm not making this up.
    Singapore
  • Options
    OK, ITS NOT EBAY BUT i UPGRADED A MS66 TO A MS67 1885 o MORGAN yesterday, value went from 200 to 1400.

but I will be selling it on ebay.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ebay buy I ever made was an 1849 open wreath gold dollar in PCGS MS-64 for about $800 below bid. The best sale was a political token that I thought was worth about $50 that got bid up to more than $90. That's rare however. Most of the time I can't get decent bids for my stuff on Ebay.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Mine was 5 1959 proof sets described as flawed due to spots on the halves. Paid a little over $10 per set.

Fortunately, they had another flaw... the quarters were all frosty on the devices against deep mirror fields!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    I bought a 1877 IHC (metal detector find) on ebay for $150.00 using BIN. It came back from ANACS as EF-40 details net G-4 (corrosion). Sold it on Ebay for $305.00.image
    History always repeats itself. Humans are slow learners.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file