Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Morgan Switcheroo

I just read this thread on the US forum. Hope it is not true, if it is then it is major, major, bad news.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date Posted: Jan/31/2003 9:34 AM
Posted By: jeffnpcb (New Member)
A local dealer in my area told e of a story that happened possibly a couple of months back in Texas. The dealer in Texas bought a rather large collection of Morgans in fairly high grades slabbed by a highly respected company{PCGS or NGC?}. The dealer decided to unload the collection to a larger firm in Texas.
When they recieved the coins they noticed that something didn't look right about the coins, the slabs and grading. Upon further inspection, it appeared that the slabs had been opened and lesser coins inserted and the slabs were resealed. Unless you were a top grader or had a microscope to examine the slabs, you couldn't tell with a standard loop of 10x or 16x. The job was very professionally done and the news is being squashed for obvious reasons.
If anyone has heard about this, let me know if you heard about it or a different version!
P.S. Morgan collectors beware!!

-------------------------
JEFFNPCB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments