Paul Taylor's 20th Century Gold Type highlighted in the latest PCGS eCollector

20th Century Gold Major Types

An honor well deserved. Look at those popsimageimageimage

Congratulations Zerbe!
My posts viewed image times
since 8/1/6

Comments

• Options
    That's an absolutely amazing collection. Isn't Paul Taylor like the president of ICG or something, the one with the cool looking hat?

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    That is James Taylor and I don't think there is any family connection there since ICG graders and employess do not buy or sell coins (which would make it hard to do a collection).

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Ah, yes, that's who I'm thinking of. I knew the guy's last name was Taylor. lol

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    Scope out his other gold sets. Equally impressive.
    Keith ™

• Options
    ZerbeZerbe Posts: 587 ✭✭
    Thanks Relayer. I thought CU notified the people beforehand, who's set they spotlight, but they don't, so I was just as surprised as anybody else. I don't mind saying I'm enjoying my 15 minutes of fame. Thank you Coinguy1, (Pinnacle) for that fantastic MS67 1904-S
    $5 lib. imageimageimageimageimage Zerbe
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul
    The view of your rearend just keeps getting farther and farther awayimage I guess that could be a good thing depending on how you "look" at it.image Congrats on the AWESOME sets. Keep me in mind for your table scraps.image
    Mark
  • Options
    HI Mark, I really do feel bad when I bump somebody down in the registry. 'Lord Marcovan' accuses me of being a 'Bully'. But when dealers are offering me super gold coins in POP 1 and 2, I just can't refuse. Sorry, but my scraps are going into my second set. Thanks for the comlpiments and I wish I had your Rolled Rim and Wire Rim Indians. I came close to picking up a set, but at this stage of the game I am lucky if I can finish all these sets I started. Zerbe
  • Options
    Paul
    How about the scraps from your second set? That would probably be more my speed.image
    Mark
  • Options
    In my view, Paul Taylor is one of the greatest collectors active today. Just take a look at his sets, including the proof Morgans.

Congratulations Paul.

Greg
  • Options
    Absolutely marvelous gold! I've been watching your sets for quite a while now. Don't feel at all bad about bumping anybody down. I can just imagine the luster on that 67! Boiler78s set must be pretty awesome too!

I'm selling off some of my more generic gold. Perhaps one day I can buy some of Boiler's scraps image
  • Options
    Thanks Greg. All I am, is a happy packrat. I will look even harder now for your 20th century Proof Morgan.image
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Paul, do you have a favorite in the set? I would love to see a photo the $10 Indian.
  • Options
    Hi Mike, In this set, I guess the MS 68 $10 1908-S Indian would be my favorite, as it is without doubt, an MS68. The POP Report shows it is a pop 4, but that is incorrect. It is in 'reality' a pop 2. A previous "dealer" had tried to upgrade this coin to MS 69, because it is that perfect.
    The MS 67 1904-S is a very eye appealing coin and is POP 1, but for a really rare, special $5 Liberty, I love the 1889 MS 67 in my 12 piece gold set. It has a total mintage of 7520 and there are none graded in MS64, MS65, or MS66. As far as photos, I am about halfway there. Like a lot of other board members, I got the coolpix 4500. Still reading the manual though and still have not bought the correct lights. So it will be sometime in the near future for pixs.
    If anybody knows the where abouts of a PCGS MS 68 $5 Indian, please e-mail me, but if the seller wears glasses, and works for a multi million dollar 'coin, or is it con company, on the West Coast, then forget it. image P. Taylor
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    If anybody knows the where abouts of a PCGS MS 68 $5 Indian, please e-mail me, but if the seller wears glasses, and works for a multi million dollar 'coin, or is it con company, on the West Coast, then forget it. image P. Taylor

imageimageimage

Stunning sets. It's quite an accomplishment to put together these many great sets. It's not the money, but the determination required to do them.
  • Options
    Determination, not money.image Well, I better hurry and let my wife know, she is going to be very relieved!image
  • Options
    To put Pauls set into perspective. His 1908-s indian eagle alone is worth 3-4x the value of my entire second finest setimageimageimage I would love to see the set but especially the 08-s eagle.
  • Options
    I think it is one part determination, one part money, and one part timing. You can have determination and money, but if your key coins are not available, then you need patience. So I guess it is 4 parts to the equation. Oh I forgot; an understanding wife, IF married. image
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo true! All the money in the world cannot buy you certain coins.

And the wife part is equally true - thank goodness mine, even tho she couldn't care less, understands that I care greatly!
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    I think it is one part determination, one part money, and one part timing. You can have determination and money, but if your key coins are not available, then you need patience. So I guess it is 4 parts to the equation. Oh I forgot; an understanding wife, IF married. image

Determination = patience. Some of these coins come up for sale so rarely that you just have to sit back and wait it out. Money isn't the main object. That's what I meant. image

As for the wife, are you saying that you even let her know you buy coins? imageimageimage At best it should be a "Honey, I'm INVESTING the money...." image
  • Options
    Personally, I show all my coins to my wife. She has 20-20 vision and can pick out hairlines without a glass. She is actually one of my "tests" for a newly arrived coin. I check it out first, then I hand it to her and she gives me her opinion. More than once she has spotted something I missed. My wife problem is that she wants her own coins. image