Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Your Most Favorite Coin Purchase At Fun

2»

Comments

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well crap! the Heritage site is down and I can't pay for my coin. Arrrrrggg image

Here's the message I get;

Our web site is down temporarily for maintenance. We will return as soon as possible.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an email Fri, saying they were going to shut the site down until Monday AM to do some revisions, improvements, etc.
  • Options
    I got an email Fri, saying they were going to shut the site down until Monday AM to do some revisions, improvements, etc.

Good grief! When was the auction? Maybe I'll have my coin by next month! Anyone got a fibulator I can borrow? Thanks for the news Dpoole.

Leo

• Options
    I got my invoice from the Signature Sale by e-mail last Sunday, paid on Monday, and received the coin in the mail today. image
    Keith ™

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is my beauty, slabbed it after I bought it raw at the show: image Cameron Kiefer >>

I NOW own this one!
    And, I didn't even have to go to FUN to find it!
    (Thanks Cameron.) image

peacockcoins

• Options

Here is one I picked up before the show and a little gold I picked up at the FUN show. The DCAM 25c looks a lot better than the picure shows. I really like that 1837 10c!! It seems to get around.

This one goes well with my 1999 set.

Larry
    Dabigkahuna
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got my one and only auction lot today and out of the three coins that I bought at FUN it is my favorite. It fits my proof Liberty nickel set very nicely.

• Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the B&M Rarities I got the 1805 O-107 PCGS AU50 half. This is the "small 5" variety, possibly finest known, and is much tougher than its R.4 rarity rating. From Superior the 1805 O-110 NGC EF40 half, this is another 1805 sleeper, with about 6 auction records the past 10 years, all VF or less. I am very excited about these purchases, I bid very high to beat the floor bidders.

Bill
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • Options
    We purchased this 1878 20c piece graded NGC PR67, one of the finest and prettiest Proof Twenty Cent Pieces I've seen.

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shucks...thanks, Mark. I'm glad you like my taste in (ex)coins! image
  • Options
    Well, just when you thought this thread had drifted off to the archives and after a couple of bygone mondays with no coin in sight, I became just a bit suspect with the notion that something was amiss here. So I gave heritage a call and before I could say, I haven't received my coin yet, this gal, who has a very sweet voice, tells me that not only have you not receive your coin but we have yet to mail it out image. She said she would call me back to let me know asap when she finds out the details and she forgot to call back which prompt a second call today. I got to tell you, I love that voice, she said it has been Fedex to me and I will be receiving it soon. So I'll be posting my pic soon too.........and I'm surprised there aren't more FUN buys and pics.......many nice pics nonetheless.

Leo

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the name that came with that lovely voice? This lech wants to know! image

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    What was the name that came with that lovely voice? This lech wants to know!

So does this lech who lives a few blocks from Heritage's office. image
    Keith ™

• Options
    Vanessa.

• Options
    Vanessa is a very pretty name. Like in Vanessa Angel... image

Keith, take a drive over there and take a picture of Miss Vanessa and posted it here!

EVP

• Options
    Here's an update on my coin I won in the Heritage Fun auction #308 back on January 8.
    It was suppose to arrive here by 3 pm yesterday but for some reason it stayed an extra day in
    Dallas. Then 3 hours later it arrived in Indianapolis. Then another 3 hours to Cedar Rapids, IA. So my coin must be getting some airtime because there's no-way someone can drive between these cities in less than 3 hours. As patient as I have been (lol) I think I'll try to pick it up myself today......the suspense is killing me. Leo

Arrived at......FedEx Destination Location..xxxxxx, xx.......02/06/2003 08:25
    Left...............FedEx Ramp...................CEDAR RAPIDS IA..02/06/2003 07:03
    Arrived at......FedEx Ramp...................CEDAR RAPIDS IA..02/06/2003 04:51
    Left...............FedEx Sort Facility..........INDIANAPOLIS IN..02/06/2003 01:56
    Left...............FedEx Ramp...................DALLAS TX.............02/05/2003 23:04
    Arrived at......FedEx Ramp...................DALLAS TX.............02/05/2003 21:45
    Pickup status......................................DALLAS TX.............02/05/2003 20:57
    Left...............FedEx Origin Location....DALLAS TX.............02/04/2003 23:38
    Picked up by FedEx.............................DALLAS TX.............02/04/2003 15:28

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leo: I'll do a thread on the most favorite Long Beach purchases and you will be allowed to "grandfather" in your FUN purchase under these circumstances image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Mitch,
    Hopefully, by that time, I'll have my coin and a photo. lol

Leo

• Options
    Leo,

I think most of us sympathize with you on the pain you've had to endure to await the arrival of a coin! Good luck; I hope you like it!

EVP

• Options
    Thanks EVP

Leo

• Options
    Keith, take a drive over there and take a picture of Miss Vanessa and posted it here!

I'll see what I can do, keeping in mind that I don't want to be barred from the premises. image
    Keith ™

• Options

Leo