Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thumbs up, or thumbs down?

Heads
Tails

I have considered buying this one. Whaty'all think?

Singapore

Comments

• Options

Save your money for a more modern coin that will always be in demand like this one:imageimage Nice coin.

Cameron Kiefer

• Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭

• Options
    Hey YN,

I admit it, Roosevelt never looked better.

How much does on like that go for?
    Singapore
  • Options
    I don't know, but here is the thread where the coin is being discussed.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is $22,500 a fair price for that Pine Tree??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    Colonial coinage is so historic and beautiful. It's also reasonably priced given the scarcity. However, like all coins it is a terrible "investment" and probably more so than other series because the coins LOOK old and not a whole lot of collectors gravitate to them. If you are going to tie up serious money [50K+] in a series I would lean towards those which are more liquid and followed. Other than that I like your coin and dabble in Washington colonials. Maybe one they will take off?
  • Options
    Lakesammman -

This coin sold in Jan 2002 for something like $10K in Stack's Americana sale - so $22.5K is a bit optimistic. But its available for much less.

Its likely in the top 5 in the condition census - and a pretty nice example.

Who knows, it might end up being the same price as that Roosevelt.

Singapore
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be quite a markup. Since the FUN show is coming and cash flow is important, now might be a good time to make an offer??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 898 ✭✭
    *slithery "Golem" voice* "My Preciousssssss!" image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file