Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

X-MAS Greens and Reds on 8 NGC 1964 50c Kennedy's

Thought you guys might like these NGC coins. MS64x1, MS65 x4, MS66 x2, and MS67 x1. Large file: 450K

Set of 8 end roll toned 1964 50c- X-MAS Colors

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bottom right and left are AMAZING!
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    [Copy and Paste the above here]
  • Options
    MorganluverMorganluver Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    Just curious, what makes you think that they are endrolls? I don't see any of the telltale geometric lines or pattern. I assume the reverses are all white, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were toned in a paper roll. What holder are they in? They are nice looking BTW.
  • Options
    Never mind. I read too fast and didn't see that you said they were NGC. Can you tell us any more about them that made you come to this conclusion? Thanks.
  • Options
    The main reason was b/c I took them out of the rolls myself and gave them to NGC at the Baltimore show at their table. Bad thing was that we had a bunch of nasty white coins. image

TBT
  • Options
    That's pretty neat Bryan. I just haven't seen any paper rolled coins, other than the Appalachian hoard of toned Nickels, that had that kind of color without some kind of geometric pattern. Thanks for showing them. Maybe you'll have a few left for me to see at FUN.
  • Options
    When they gonna be for sale? image
    ahhhh....... SODO MELVIN?????
  • Options
    Wow, a couple nice coins, however, all I kept on thinking was potato, cat urine or oxide ions ... gotta stop reading all of those AT threads ...
    My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Wow beauties, hope IWOG doesn't see them, or we will get another lesson in chemistry from he and Lucy, my mind is still swirling. imageimage
  • Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    osirisMMII

We listed them this week as a set. Thanks!

TBT
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two RAREST colors combined are RED and GREEN. Nice coins! image

peacockcoins

• Options
    I'm curious, did you buy the rolls with the Kennedy's looking the exact same as they are pictured? I guess they weren't stored anywhere to enhance their tone then huh?
  • Options
    Andy- from my experience you can't enhance GREEN and RED toning like these.

Maybe that's why these colors are so rare?

I've seen that kind of GREEN on Morgans (and Lincolns). It always confirms with me the toning is REAL.
    There was an expression going around, "Green equals green". It is one of the most expensive colors.

peacockcoins

• Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    Pat,

IYO, will eBay draw the type of buyer for the set?

TBT
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, ebay won't draw a buyer for the set. That's why you should sell me one.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    You might not do badly on eBay. You might not even do badly here image I'd bid for the 3'rd nicest one. That is because the two nicest ones would probably be too expensive for me...
  • Options
    That's a tough one. I know individually these are worth your asking price but collectively, as a group it has two things going against it:
    1- It's probably going to be a Dealer who can/will pony up to own the set and chances are a Dealer won't want to pay fair retail but would rather rip these.
    2- Having them in a group delutes the real value of these as even as singles, as these rarely, if ever, appear.

It would be as if a half dozen 1901-S Barber quarters were featured in one auction. If offered alone, the single would sell easily and at the full asking price.
    In a grouping though it takes a special buyer to "come out of the woodwork" and the auction could come and go without that buyer making an appearance, thus the whole sells for less than it should.

I think with coins like your Kennedies, "Less Is More". I would have offered ONE and then quietly offered the others as SINGLES over the course of the next few months.

peacockcoins

• Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    I wonder why some of these didn't get the * designation?
  • Options
    Offered as a set you limit the potential buyer pool. I might chase one, but know I wouldn't compete for the whole set. That may be just fine for you, though. Eight transactions as opposed to one-- might not sound that appealing.

I agree with Braddick that you would probably maximize what you get, by offering them individually over a period of a couple months. Depends on how much time you are interested in putting in I guess.

Carl
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file