Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New Rule: For every NEW Registry added, TWO must go.

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
I like the idea of adding a new Lincoln cent Registry. The Registry is pretty crowded right now though and there are some wasted sets hanging out now.
How about for each new, valid Registry that is added, we agree to drop two others?
That way the Registry tightens up yet remains a competitive play ground.

Maybe?

peacockcoins

Comments

• Options
    Man braddick, you are always on the quest for dropping sets. Are you trying to drive BJ crazy?image make us a whole bunch of sets, drop others and then we vote to make more. Leave it as it is!

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my Quest to clean up the Registry by dropping needless/useless sets, maybe a middle ground will be reached and all the additions of these sub-sets (what's next, SMS Jeffersons?) will slow way down.
    I'm only asking for containment, in the long run. image

peacockcoins

• Options
    Cameron,

There are obviously some wasted sets. Why have a Liberty Nickels Proof set and a Liberty Nickels with 1913 Proof Set. Put the 1913 in the set as an optional coin, since only a handful exist, and combine the two sets. Same with the Saints and the 1933 piece.
    Keith ™

• Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    Just make all sets with less than 25% complete invisible to the viewing public - with some exceptions like proof gold or where there are not 10 total sets. That way someone can have their set, but others aren't "forced" to look at these sets that aren't even close to being real sets yet.
  • Options
    Are Proof gold sets catering to the elite? image

There's only two or three setholders total who even have the stuff, so is there a need to showcase it?

How about those early date proof coins from the 1820's? Not like there's any competition there.
    Keith ™

• Options
    I was poking around the proof sets and was happy to see many registered. The SMS sets seems popular with several entries already.

They might make the 1913 Liberty Nickel and 1933 Saint optional, that would remove two sets. I'm all for that kind of clean up.

But in general I'm happy to have lots of sets. Not all sets need to be serious image
  • Options
    Sounds Like A Plan To Me !

Do Your Job, Or Get Off The Pot !image
    I am looking for any PCGS MS 70 Silver Eagle.