Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Uploading pictures in your set

I have been having fun scanning my Copper nickel and Silver type set coins after getting a new scanner. The coins upload easily and were all in order when I validated. Now, hours later after everything looked fine after validating, all the coin images are screwed up - they are all mixed up. What did I do wrong? Or is it not my fault?

Cameron Kiefer

Comments

• Options
    Cameron;
    I think you just found the same problem I commented on a month or two ago! Did you, by chance, give the scans the same file name? For example, it looks like two of your images, the shield nickel and one of the SL quarters both have the name 11.jpg. But PCGS only allows a single use of the same name, so both of those coins show the SL quarter image (which was probably uploaded later). The registry requires a unique file name for each image PER USER. When I had this problem, it mixed up images in different registry sets (i had images names simply by date, so when I uploaded an image "1968S.jpg", all of my 1968S coins suddenly had that new image.

So you need to re-upload the images maing sure that they each have a different filename (same filename in a different directory does NOT work).

Hope this helps.

Pete
  • Options
    Thanks Pete. I will try again and re-name them. I see how the same number can confuse the system.

Cameron Kiefer