Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Weeeeeell Heck! Time to say Good Bye for now....

Well kids, as it happens sometimes, life throws you a curve ball when you least expect it and the trick is not to flinch. Just found out that my job is going away sometime after the begining of the year, so I've been asked to pack my bags and move to Louisville, KY. It'll be a new adventure for the family and me and we'll make the best of it.

I've truly enjoyed the conversations I've had on here the past few months, and I've learned a tremendous amount. I appreciate all the knowledge that has been imparted on this humble servant. After this weekend you won't see my stinky cigar and winning smile much, but I'll be lurking around now and again like Adrian, my access will be limited to those few moments when I can sneak in and say hello from work.

Thanks for all the great conversations, I'll miss spending time in here. Keep sharing the wealth of knowledge that you have, and quit bashing each other so much. Remember that jerks are a dime a dozen, but good friends are rare and prized commodities.

Good luck to everyone - I'll look forward to retuning sometime in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards

Frank

Comments

• Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Frank,

I always enjoyed your posts. Don't be a stranger. Hope the new job turns out! image Don't forget your buddies here.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    Frank,

Best of luck to you and your family. I hope the adventure becomes something better, and the pastures are truly greener on the other side. Please take care of yourself and your family.

Best wishes!

Jim
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Hi Frank, sorry to here you won't be around muchimage. I hope all goes well with your new job and location. image mike
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Luck , Frank... we'll miss you image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Louvul, KY is not the end of the world, it's more like an armpit. Frank, good luck with your re-location !
  • Options
    When you get settled in Louisville you want to go down to 527 South Third street and make the acquaintance of Byrd Saylor III at Louisville Numismatic Exchange. Best Coin store in Louisville. Byrd is a great guy and the shop is a very professionally run operation. Family owned for three generations and they have the contacts to locate most anything you need.

Oh and join the Louisville Coin Club too. Meets on the third Sunday of the month at the Holiday Inn at Second and Broadway. image
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Frank - We will all miss you. Wish you the best of luck and happiness.

We hope to hear from you in the future.

This will be a sadder place for your leaving. a very sad Bear
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    StillLurking SAID
    Louvul, KY is not the end of the world, it's more like an armpit. Frank, good luck with your re-location !

You have obviously never been to Richmond Va.

FC57Coins You have been a knowledgeable asset to the boards.Don't be gone long.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miss ya, Frank! You're a great guy, and have a nice eye for Franklins!
  • Options
    We will miss u!!! imageimageimage
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Bye Frankie, you better check back with us soon.......image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank

I've enjoyed your post and the wonderful pictures of your coins that you've shared with us. All the best to you and your family.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    WAIT!! NO!!!

You CAN'T Leave yet.....

We are in the same town and have never even met!

Have a safe journey..

Mike
    "spare change? Nahhhhh...never have any...sold it all on E-bay..."
    see? My Auctions "Got any 1800's gold?"
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Frank,

I wish you the best with your relocation and new position. Looking forward to your return.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I was just getting used to that dog smokin' a stogie!
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I WISH only the very best for you & yours.

Bill image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Good luck and safe trip!
  • Options
    I`ll miss your posts and hopefully you`ll be able to return soon. A little of topic here but a word of advice here, be carefull about speeding. I live in a neighoring state next to Kentucky and the police has a reputation for been hard on speeding and don`t mind calling you on it. I never had that problem but know a few people that has. So I don`t know what your driving habits are but, I thought I`ll pass it on.
  • Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Take care and stay well.

Good leads provided by Conder to remain active in the hobby.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    Good luck Frank, and have a safe trip. I was just getting used to the smoke here.

Take Care,
    Jayimage
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, I hope this change is actually a new door opening in your future rather than on old one closing. Check in when you get a chance.
  • Options
    Best of luck to you and your family, Frank. Enjoy the new adventure.
  • Options
    Good luck with all those changes.

Please check back in once things are settled down, the DSL is installed in the new place and everything unpacked....
  • Options
    Say it ain't so! image

Just be sure to come back when you're settled! We'll miss you!
  • Options
    Take care Frank,

Hope you join us again soon.
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Good luck in the move Frank, and we all hope to see you back here real soon!
  • Options
    Frank--
    This saddens me. I will miss your posts and camaraderie. Be sure to check in now and again and say hello.
    Carl
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

Best of luck!
  • Options
    Good luck in your new home -- put $20 on Bluebird to Win in the second race. image
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure and join the two coin clubs they have in and around Louisville. PM me when you get there and I'll hook you up with a great coin dealer across the river in Indiana. Louisville is a great place, which I frequented often when I was stationed in Fort Knox. In fact, I visit my sister there about once a year.
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Frank, All of us "coin Guys" here in Birmingham are going to really miss you. I hope everything goes well with the move & getting settled in. Hopfully there will be a kick- butt coin shop close to you. We will still have email & the phone.

Sincerly Your Friend,
    Paul
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 898 ✭✭
    Good luck in Louisville Frank. It's always fun to boldly go where no smoking dog has gone before. imageimage
  • Options
    WOW! I appreciate the outpooring of kind thoughts and well wishes. I hope things do turn out well and that I'll be back on here before too long. Thanks everyone for your wishes!

Kindest regards,

Frank
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you'll need to change the name of your collection to "The Louisville Collection." LOL
    See you soon.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    dimeadzndimeadzn Posts: 123 ✭✭
    Good luck to you. I'll miss your posts. Kentucky is a beautiful state and I hope you and your family find great things in store for you there. image
    Hamsters oy! Why collect they the taco.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file