Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are most coin collectors Conservatives?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TO answer the question:

YES!

Kennedy Halves, Early Silver Commemorative, Modern proof gold eagles, proof sets, Modern Commemorative, Chinese coins, Australia Sovereign and Modern, British Sovereign, and Euros.

For the other libertarians on the board, check out www.boortz.com

It's the website for talkshow host Neal Boortz, who is funny, insulting, educating, and right most of the time. Check it out!

B.
    A Fine is a tax for doing wrong.
    A Tax is a fine for doing good.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    for me from my limited experiences in the coin game and from what i have seen most collectors lose their ass in coins

some big time some not so big time some break even

so for me there are really no conservative collectors

if they were conservative they would not be buying coins!!!!!!!!

sincerely michael
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a solid Republican from New York State and am good friends with a coin collecting liberal FDR/New Deal Democrat and a liberal Michael Dukakis Democrat and both are from Massachussets.

The three of us drove together to and from last years fall Baltimore show and shared a big hotel room (separate beds, of course).

We had a lot of laughs, talked coins and more coins and as soon as the discussion went to politics we went right back to coins! But we respect each other differing political views.

We had a lot of fun! We will do again (but not this year!).

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

Oreville,

Great perspective!image
  • Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Conservative and a couple college degrees. My wife is even more conservative and refuses to listen to NPR, calling it "liberal media propaganda". image
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options

<< <i>Conservative and proud of it!

Brian. >>

ditto!
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    here in San Francisco I am a conservative, in South Carolina I would considered a liberal.
  • Options
    I think Lucy has the right idea, Pass the margaritas image. And a couple nice franklins image

DAN
    United States Air Force Retired And Would Do It Again.

My first tassa slap 3/3/04

My shiny cents

imageThe half I am getting rid of and me, forever and always Taken in about 1959
  • Options
    registered Libertarian. My resume also includes deadhead, alterboy, eagle scout, deadhead and alc programmer.
  • Options
    GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    ... This is covered in such inane drivel as "It takes a Village".

Personally, I thought this was a statement that everyone would agree on. Conservative or Liberal, it DOES take more than the immediate family (extended family, social environment (and Conservatives have been big on socializing and conformity - see "good ol' boy network), watching out for your neighborhood and your neighbors kids. How can this be classified as "inane drivel?"

Gilbert
  • Options
    The Hep Kitty is on the right track, so........
    Definitely conservative (on grading) when buying, and
    Thoroughly liberal (on grading) when buying.
    Buy the coin...but be sure to pay for it.
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    I'm a "Left-Liberal.

"Left-Liberals prefer self-government in personal matters and central decision-making on economics. They want government to serve the disadvantaged in the name of fairness. Leftists tolerate social diversity, but work for economic equality."
    Matt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file