Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is the FUN show fun?

I'm going to be making my first trip to the FUN show in January, and I was wondering what to expect. Are there lots of seminars and classes and such? Other things to do than just part with my hard earned dollars buying coins? (which is, of course, the major reason to go.) How many dealer tables? Quality of material for sale? Any thoughts or info from you guys would be helpful.

Andy image
We are finite beings, limited in all our powers, and, hence, our conclusions are not only relative, but they should ever be held subject to correction. Positive assurance is unattainable. The dogmatist is the only one who claims to possess absolute certainty.

First POTD 9/19/05!!

Comments

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FUN show is one of my favorites. It's the only one I go to without my coterie of coin buddies...

I don't recall many seminars or classes, since I don't pay attention to them, but I use that opportunity to go to the various club meetings (like the LSCC).

I live in NYC, so Orlando in January is nice compared to here...

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll see you there.

Look for the overfed, nerdy guy in the Holey Coin Vest. image

I went for the first time this January and asked myself why I hadn't been going all along. Orlando is a relatively short drive from here.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I already bought my plane tickets and will be in Florida from Monday (6th) through Sunday the 12th.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there that week. IMO FUN is the best show of the year with ANA a close second.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FUN is huge, and a great time.

Great opportunity to see a lot of the Coin Board faces. We'll make arrangements on here to meet up somewhere there. Join in!
  • Options
    I'll be there, but not sure what day(s).

It is an awesome show. Granted it is one of the few I have gone to, but it is a blast. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    Not to be a party pooper or just post to be "different", but I thought someone might like to see my side of things. I don't like large shows, primarily because the table fees are so high dealers typically don't bring the cheaper stuff with them. I guess it's out of my purchasing league to go to FUN, plus it's out of my travelling range. I did, however, go to the ANA convention once...hated it. It was way too big and there were only a couple of select dealers who bothered to bring any Lincolns, and most of the Indians there were real high grade top dollar stuff...no $25 AU NDNs for me. The local and regional shows with fewer tha 50 dealers are much more productive for what I collect...
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    Andy,

You might want to check out this site. http://www.funtopics.com/coin_show.html

They don't have much info on the site yet, but eventually they will have listings of all the dealers, events, exhibits etc. at the show.

I have found that there are lots of lower priced coins available there, mainly because some dealers will share tables to cut down on initial costs.

I hope to see everyone there!

Scott image
  • Options
    Oops! image

It didn't work right!

Just copy and paste, it is the right url.

Scott
  • Options
    I think I got it now!

FUN Show Web Site

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file