Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Standing Liberty Quarter - Question.

Before PCGS existed, I bought a lightly toned gold/yellow 1917-D Standing Liberty Quarter raw. About 3 years ago I sent it into PCGS for grading. It came back 1917-D PCGS MS65FH type 1 cert #3607934. I always felt it was undergraded. Three weeks ago I cracked it out and sent it in under the $100 line and it came back "Questionable Color" and was not graded. It has never been out of the holder except when I cracked it out to send in again and the color on the coin has not changed at all. How would you suggest is the best way to deal with PCGS to get it graded again and put back into a holder? I think they made a mistake.
D.M.

Comments

• Options
    Re-submit. Not much else to do. You took the chance to play "the game" and got the losing end.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Bummer! That has the potential of ruining a really good day. image

Suggest you leave the coin in the slab next time you send in for regrade. Also consider the $30 route, unless money is not object or you really need it back fast.
    Dan
  • Options
    Those who live by the crack out game also die by itimage

Sorry this happened to you all that can be done now is resubmit until it gets back in again.

Lesson learned I hope. PCGS does have a regrade program that does not require the coin to be cracked out by you.
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that. I also have the only mint state Tear Drop 26S SLQ. It was in PCGS holder at MS61. Before I purchased it, the ex-owner removed the coin and sent it to a more conservative grading company, the Hallmark, to grade in late 80's early 90's. Up to now, the coin is still in the Hallmark holder MS60.

I tried to crossover it to PCGS in the last three years. PCGS says "NO." imageimage
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    One question. Do you still have the old label? If so contact customer service and give them your tale of woe. Tell them you still have the old label. Hope for the best.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks Carl. I do still have the old label. I will give your sugestion a try.
    D.M.