Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Please refresh my memory on pedigree rules

Is the 8-piece Gold Major Design Type Set eligible for pedigree if my set is still in the top five when the time comes?

May I have my collection name on the label (i.e. Lord Marcovan Collection), or does it have to be my last name (Shinnick)?

What are the terms and conditions, again? If I am eligible for pedigree I might want to submit the coins when I have them all upgraded to MS63+.

If I do get pedigreed and subsequently upgrade one of the coins, may I get the pedigree on the new coin if my set is still in the top five and I am willing to pay for the reholdering?

I tried to post this on Q&A to get "approval", but apparently you have to email or PM somebody first to get "approval" to post there? image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    Lord,

I think Gayle is the one to ask at PCGS to be sure. I think she said that as long as the set doesn't have coins that are still being minted like some of the Modern sets have then it should be okay to go.

Oh Yeah, Your limited to 22 characters and that has to include any attributes like say a Type 1. I haven't had it done yet but I was thinking of having the 12 coin Gold Set done. Let us know if you decide to have them sent in.

Larry
    Dabigkahunaimage
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Rob, if you are limited to 22 characters (which I presume includes spaces) someday I'll perhaps be able to buy coins from the "Lord Marcovan Collecti"?? imageimageimage

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... I guess we'll hafta stick with plain ol' "Lord Marcovan", if they'll let me do it. Has a nice ring to it, wouldn't you say? image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Pedigree thread

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all!

Does anyone know what pedigree rules apply to the new proof set category? Most of these sets consist of just five coins. Do the top five sets get free pedigrees too?

Thanks for your help and thoughts!

-- Dennis
    When in doubt, don't.