Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

PCGS Show registry idea

I had an idea that PCGS could do. They should bring a computer to the shows with the webpage/ set registry page on it and people can go online and register their coins they purchased right there at the show. Good idea? Just a quick thought that I had.

Cameron Kiefer

Comments

• RELLARELLA Posts: 960 ✭✭✭
    I think its a cool idea...maybe I'm just a registry addict.

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • This is a very good idea. Not only can it feed the registry jones of participants, having a booth like this would really publicize and promote the registry to the merely "curious."
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

William S. Burroughs, Cities of the Red Night
  • GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    Great idea!! I didn't even know about the Set Registry until a few months ago. And I had been collecting coins for over a year. So it would be great exposure and get more people into this hobby.

-Geoman
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a real good idea. Looking at how Stewart replied recently (and Rick Snow) I would bet internet access is available at the show.

Would probably create some long lines, which I guess could be a good thing. Guess nothing a few (dozen) machines could not handle.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Actually, I am typing this message from the PCGS computer @ the Long Beach Show and YES you can register your coins as you purchase them at the shows!

PCGS is on top of it. I just don't see too many people using this computer though - too many coins to look at. Hey, wait a minute, why I am here -- gotta go--

Michael
  • Neat. I know they didn't have it before but it was a good idea. No, I haven't been there today when I made the post. I am going on Saturday.

Cameron Kiefer