Home U.S. Coin Forum

Photographing Coins (e.g for eBay)

I have a Toshiba PDR-M70 digital camera which takes great pictures BUT
is not able to take close-ups of my PCGS coins. What do other collectors and/or dealers use for taking and displaying large,detailed pictures of their PCGS coins on eBay (or for the PCGS Registry area)?

Many thanks in advance!

Steve

Comments

• mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    This is a semi popular thread, i'll work on adding it to the Unofficial FAQ tonight to consolidate information. Until then, here are links to threads on the subject.

another thread on photos

another

another

another

another

another

another

another

another

another

another

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Sony cybershot DSC-S70 digital camera. It cost me over $700 a couple years ago, and I'm sure the model has been updated and the same features can now be had for less money.

This camera takes great coin pictures. It has Zeiss lens with a zoom feature. I can blow up the pictures on my screen and see more than I can see with a glass. I've sold a few items on Ebay, but mostly I send pictures privately to customers to give them a first look at the coins.

If you sell a lot on Ebay, you could buy a new camera, declare you are in business and take it off on your income taxes.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file