Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I had to do it. FUN with an eBay auction. . .

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now let's just hope I don't tick eBay off and they pull it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1380131068

peacockcoins

Comments

• Options
    I doubt it. There are far more listed items that should be removed but nothing happens to them.
    Recommended reading - The PCGS Guide to Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection and The Coin Collector's Survival Manual and NCI Grading Guide
    For the Morgan collectors - The Morgan and Peace encyclopedia by Van Allen and Mallis

What would your slabbed coins be worth if the grading services went out of business? What would your coins be worth if the Internet was taken offline for good?
  • Options
    I bid. Unfortunately you must have set the reserve pretty high.

You better watch out, this is a hard coin to replace image

Someone might just buy it.
  • Options
    HAHA! I can't see them pulling it....I do see someone buying it though image
    eBay Auctions
    Computer Services
    What did the doe say when she came out of the woods?.....Last time I do THAT for a buck! image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Bwuahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! I love it!image I can't see any reason eBay would pull it.

You better get your money out of it quick, though, I have one rattling around in my pocket right now. It'll be a pop 2 before you know it!image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Braddick,

I wouldn't worry about getting in trouble with eBay. For what? Selling a certified coin with an excellent description and a well done picture?

I think people like that guy that has re-listed and re-listed the 90+k mint-error coin are the people that eBay should try to put a damper on. Or perhaps the variety of "unsearched XXXX" hoards that are somehow known to be 100% wheats or dimes or whatever. Apparently the use of pyshic power does not void the "unsearched" title.
  • Options
    hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    WOW... that looks even better than I expected, however I think you should of worn it down more... gone for a VG at least.

Love the story also!image

-Jarrett Roberts
  • Options
    Here's a question:

The coin looks a tad faded to me, could slide down to a 15 if you got a mean grader.

So, can you send a coin in to be regraded with a MAXIMUM grade and no minimum? image

If so, you might want to send it in for a "downgrade" image

That is unless someone buys it!
  • Options
    Thats every bit as good as your Ike with the head like a light bulb. Did you submit that one yourself? What goes through the mind of the grader faced with this awsome coin?
  • Options
    presleyh,

I guarantee the grader is thinking 1 thing and 1 thing only: Someone is trying to cross an ACG image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    No, the grader is actually thinking "ah, I see Braddick is at it again."image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. This is one of those coins that I "made" and then had 'made' again... image

peacockcoins

• Options
    I think it is great. If they pulled it, it would prove that Ebay truly has no sense of humor.image
  • Options
    Braddick,

That's an auction description worthy of Anaconda's awe!

GSAGUY
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    now THAT is a funny 1! did anyone see the counterfeit eagle in the countryside auction this past weekend? it was dated 1906. i guess someone altered the date on a real one to '06 and made a cast copy of it. hilarious coin.

great job!!!

K S
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You are the current high bidder...
    But the reserve price has not yet been met
    >>

Whew! I was scared I was gonna meet the reserve!! imageimage

Mine was better, though. Nyah nyah. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Yikes! Two auctions I wish I could bid in...
  • Options
    jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    Braddick

lordmarcovan

J'har
  • Options
    If the high end is referred to as a "Pop Top" should the bottom end be referred to as a "Pop Flop?"
    Buy the coin...but be sure to pay for it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file