BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    Why don't I see ANY marks on this coin?? Hmmmm........image
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • It looks like it would grade MS67/68. That rainbow toning is awesome! I have a few Jefferson Nickels with the same kind of toning.image

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap
  • RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Love the toning, the strike, the lack of marks ... In short, inform you friend I hate him image
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having personally spent time with caitlin and seen that wonderful Buffalo set I can only imagine how nice this coin is in person.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    One word "wow"!
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caitlin: Thanks for sharing that coin. I wish I had a customer for it!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But...but...Wallstreetman would say it's overgraded because of that very suspicious white insert surrounding the coin! image
  • caitlincaitlin Posts: 858 ✭✭✭
    Darin
    Many Thanks for posting my coin I really appreciate it. Also many thanks to RCNH for offering this coin to me. I was offered to buy this pop1 1916 ms-68 Toned Buff from RCNH and of coarse once David sent me an image I had to buy it. Great people over at RCNH and if you've never had the pleasure of meeting or checking out their site do yourself a favor, you'll thank me for it.
    Coin really looks AWSOM in person, you don't find many coins like this one. I was told this coin came out of an older holder and that there was a complete set. I would love to have seen the rest of the coins I'm sure they were just as nice as this one.
    Anyone else here happen to buy any coins from this older collection?
    A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Is that doubling on United States of America I see or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

That is one pretty Buffalo.
    imageimage

• I wonder if Tom McCarroll is torqued that he didn't get a shot at it too.
  • jomjom Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoooo doggy!

Caitlin: The toning reminds me a lot of a 16-D I had (sold recently). The difference with this one is the luster...mine was no where near this one. Great coin.

TomB says he has SEEN your set and I haven't. May I ask, why NOT??!! image Get some pictures out will ya! Geez....

jom
    Jom
    I just won an 1916d ms-63 Buff at the B+M auction last month, this wouldn't have been your coin would it? It has awsom toning similar to this one and I thought it might have been in the same album.
    A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    rons a great guy, im sure that coin is killer...

congrats image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • HootHoot Posts: 867
    Gorgeous coin - Looks like an NGC MS66* image Probably just the pics eh (no offense Darin!)?

Hoot
    From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines. - Whitman
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Knockout Buff, caitlin, and it would be great to see more pictures of your collection. You could start with that one that was struck in copper!

And lucky TomB, he got to see them in person!

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

To the top for Alimage
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful toning on that. I've seen some beautifully toned Buffs here and there in sets, where the other coins didn't share it. Must be something about the Buffs.

Beautiful coin!
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    caitlin
    Thanks ,and im speachless and would love to see the rest of your set....Pleees.Al