Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My mailman is sending me coin people....

RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
A few minutes ago, a gal and her son walked in to my shop (I'm a computer store). Asked the lady if I could help her, and she looks around and says "I think I may be in the wrong place, I was looking for Nelson's coins". Nelson's coins used to be in the same building as me, but he closed up shop about seven years ago.

So, she tells me that the mailman said to come here because I know all about coins. I think he gets that impression because he delivers piles of them every day.image

Anyway, I told the lady that the only thing I know anything about are Kennedy halves, but I'd try to help her if I could. Turns out her husband is a serious coin guy and she and her son ordered those fake 1933 double eagles as a gift. Company sent them too many, so they were trying to sell them.

Had to give them the bad news.

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• Options
    Not bad if you want people coming in and trying to sell coins. If you are low key and don't want others to know, I would take the mailman aside and talk with him. Let him know about your security and how he is jepordizing it by telling others about things he delivers. If he doesn't stop, talk to a supervisor.

Cameorn Kiefer
  • Options
    Having been a letter carrier in a former life...

He'd be toast if the PM found out he'd ever breathed a word of what he delivers.
    It may even be criminal.. I don't recall.

It's certainly a no-no.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I don't mind. Just thought it was funny.image Not sure if he told them what he was delivering. May have just told them I'm a coin guy.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russ said, "Sorry, I can purchase it unless it has accented hair..." image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file