• Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    Look in the "Dimes" category:

Early Half Dimes

Seated Half Dimes

-Bob
  • Options
    mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    i'm not sure what you're looking for in half dime prices, but those PCGS prices are waay over inflated. I've won most of mine by bidding 70% (sometimes less sometimes a bit more) of those prices. I'm going to start bidding 60% of those prices and see how that goes.

tom

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can probably buy some of the later dates at the discounted prices, but the early coins (1792 to 1805) are impossilble. Most of the certified examples I see these days, including the NGC and PCGS material, are damaged. Even those coins sell for premiums. The clean problem free ones are out of sight.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    Circulated? Mint state? In general? Like most series, the common dates command common prices, and the better dates command better prices imageimage
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • Options
    toyonakatarotoyonakataro Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    I don't know whitch half dime you are interested in, but if you want to know the price of common date seated half dimes, mrdq is correct.
    Heritage auction archives are helpful to know the real market value on common date half dimes.
    But if you are looking for rare/scare date, that's another story.
  • Options
    mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    toyonakataro has a good point about NICE and/or RARE coins. I'm pretty sure you're not talking about this end of the coin spectrum but since it's half dimes i feel compelled to chime in again image

At the CSNS in April I held in my hand the 1846 ms.. something POP 1 Half Dime that an east coast dealer had in his inventory. He had sold it to a guy for $15,000 and was just basically showing it off untill he worked his way back to New Jersey to deliver it. That coin isn't even listed by PCGS above AU. I've also seen fairly regularly on Heritage and B&M auctions ms 66, 67 coins go for multiples of PCGS or Numismedia listed prices. Teletrade, EBAY, Heritage all have free "memberships" and carry auction archives online, use them as a better guide of what is a good price to pay and watch over the long haul what the trends are. 1, 2, 5 years from now they could go either UP or DOWN.

If you're budget is the Good-Extra fine range you can get GREAT deals on EBAY on almost all of the dates and I bet from this board. I have a few raw half dimes that I'd sell a board member for next to nothing that I bought raw.

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • Options
    Mr DQ yes im interested in capped bust and seated liberty i have very few, my buget is not very large because im only a kid lookin for stuff under 60 a pop. but saving up for a few ms seated libs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file