Options

ah-collectibles is NARU

FYI,

Link

WH

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    I wish eBay would give the option to only show negative feedback. I hate wading thru 50 pages to find what the negatives were.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    They had auctions close yesterday, must have just happened.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Now the question is how long till they come back under another name? 1 day 3 days? I bet less than a week.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They had auctions close yesterday, must have just happened. >>

And out of the 99 ACG items that closed, only 7 had bids. I guess people are getting smarter for the most part.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Nice, but I wonder what their NEW user name is??? It was much easier to keep track of them when they had that ebay name.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    OHNO!! (dog wringing hands and running aimless circles) Now who am I gonna get my ACG coins from that sell for 1/10 the price of PCGS but are worth 10x more from?? A Black Tuesday in numismatic history!! Or was it Mon or Fri???
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I bought about 5 PCGS PR69DC's from them. There were good deals and no problems.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Russ - Could you try not to laugh so hard, the noise hurt my cute little bear ears. image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Bear,

That was just a chuckle.image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Placid -- here you go (check out the last complaint)... image

Complaint : stay away from this guys auctions..millenium eagles have been picked from rolls.

Response by ah-collectibles - employee fired for theft,Josh Maldonado ammcoins and shills for valleyslicer

Follow-up by let-the-games-begin - ALAN HAGER, WHO OWNS AH-COLLECTIBLES + ACG IS A THIEF,LIAR ,+ A FRAUD. BEWARE!!!

Complaint : AU53 by anyother grading would beVF-EFcannot trust grading INACUGRADE- - - - - -

Neutral : This coin notEF40 by anyother grading VF at best,but bid in ok price INACUGRADE!

Complaint : ITS BEEN 4 WEEKS NO PAYMENT--NO RESPONSE TO EMAILS-NOT VERY PROFFESIONAL

Complaint : stuck w/ damaged carelessly packed cards- beware

Response by ah-collectibles - First I 've heard about this, never given a chance to correct this matter

Complaint : on time shipment; but 5 topps 1952 topps cards were jammed into holder; damage

Response by ah-collectibles - First I 've heard about this, never given a chance to correct this matter

Complaint : 3 months no coin had to track down through e-bay

Response by ah-collectibles - e-mail was down..he promised to send proof of payment never has

Complaint : Card returned 12/10, still no refund or answer to e-mails. Worst exp. I've had.

Response by ah-collectibles - e-mail has been down, will issue refund immediately

Complaint : i have e-mailed this vendor 3 times in 6 days no answer,won the bid now what????

Response by ah-collectibles - we haven't been able to receive e-mails, only send please call 407-327-7440

Complaint : Super Slow shipping almost 30 days - nice coin thought when finally recieved

Response by ah-collectibles - somehow these were misplaced during rearranging of office....apologies for delay

Neutral : Sent wrong coin---had to return at my own expense!!

Complaint : Won this 3 mos ago, no answer to my e-mail. Found another one elsewhere. BEWARE!

Response by ah-collectibles - Contacting buyer to see how to resolve this problem to his satisfaction

Complaint : item returned on July 2, no refund, no Response to multiple emails

Response by ah-collectibles - This coin was not returned, have issued refund for the coin that was returned

Follow-up by dancritter@charter.net - No refund ever issued, totally false, in other words, LIES!!!!!

Complaint : item returned July 2, no refund sent, no Response to multiple emails,

Response by ah-collectibles - Refund isuued with deepest apologies

Follow-up by dancritter@charter.net - No refund ever issued, totally false, in other words, LIES!!!!!

Complaint : does not respond to emails, does not honor return policy

Response by ah-collectibles - Customer has benn contacted, refund issued.

Complaint : hasnt paid up for 3 months and wont return my emails

Response by ah-collectibles - item was sent to wrong person,item has been shipped express mail to customer

Complaint : BUYER BEWARE, no coin after 30 days, no reply to 4 emails, WATCH OUT

Response by ah-collectibles - Buyer won't respond to two previous phone calls made. Coins shipped.

Neutral : Buyer Beware, mailed $213.00 6/12/01, No coin as of 7/10/01,no reply to 3 emails

Neutral : Coin has blemishes I don't recall seeing on the photo. Same coin?

Response by ah-collectibles - same coin as ordered, if unhappy please return for resolution, thank you

Complaint : Very slow in delivery. Bid ended 6/3, it is now 6/20, and still don't have coin.

Response by ah-collectibles - customer rec'd coin same day as leaving Complaint

Complaint : NOT Sent,,Will NOT Reply,Paid $56 6/10/01@ PAYPAL,Phone# Disco,Ask me for proof

Response by ah-collectibles - item shipped 6/18/01, customer should have rec'd

Complaint : 10 days after paypal payment- No coins- No Response to email!!

Response by ah-collectibles - Spoke to Client Problem with Post Office Everything OK

Complaint : Would not allow a return of a slabbed coin. A-HOLE warning.....Buyer Beware

Response by ah-collectibles - offered to take coin back but buyer kept.

Complaint : would not respond after 5 attempts,misrepresents product value in desc.

Response by ah-collectibles - i was away on business, left this comment before i could respond

Complaint : Nice coins but would not combine S&H. $10 for 2 slabed halves to Illinois!!!!!!

Complaint : A crook! Grades his own cards/coins. Not to be trusted!

Response by ah-collectibles - Offered customer refund, he refused. I do NOT own Accugrade.

• Options

<< <i>I do NOT own Accugrade. >>

The Florida Secretary of State's office seems to disagree with that.

Russ, NCNE

• Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    They do have the ability to see only negative feedback: Here's the link: http://www.vrane.com/ef.html

Thanks,
    Tom
    Tom

• Options
    Apparently Diane wears the pants at Accucrap...

ASA-Accugrade corporate filing

My guess is that he's behind on paying Ebay. As soon as he catches up I'm sure he'll be back.image
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    Wow! Anyone who buys anything from ah-collectibles on Ebay after looking at their feedback is really looking for trouble IMO.

Dragon
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Why does everyone always pick on the scammers and shysters? They have just as much of a right to be on eBay as anyone else! image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    He wasn't gone long...
    Joe
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased some coins from them- mostly PCI stuff and never had a problem. Always fast, secure shipping and the coins matched their scans. Oh well, I was probably just very lucky?
    Anyone else buy from them without knowing their history and not have a problem?

peacockcoins

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank God they are back. I just received my 10th positive rating on ebay so now I can bid in all of ah's auctions without having to email him for permission before I bid. (Bidders with ratings between 1 and 9 must email before bidding.) Now I can buy all my ACG coins direct from the horse's ... mouth ... rather than having to rely on his network of dealers!!

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now I can buy all my ACG coins direct from the horse's ... mouth ... >>

As opposed to the other end of the horse. image

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think this guy HAS the network of dealers anymore-seems most of them have moved on to other less than reputable grading services (but not as bad as ACG.)
  • Options
    I just checked his ebay history. The user is NOT NARU. There is no indication that it was? I am confused?? image
    Recommended reading - The PCGS Guide to Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection and The Coin Collector's Survival Manual and NCI Grading Guide
    For the Morgan collectors - The Morgan and Peace encyclopedia by Van Allen and Mallis

What would your slabbed coins be worth if the grading services went out of business? What would your coins be worth if the Internet was taken offline for good?
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    Not anymore but it was for several hours earlier today. That is the quickest I've seen a NARU cleared up.

WH

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    He's a Power Seller, hard to get rid of them. I'm glad I don't have any feedbacks from AH. Unlike several of you posting to this thread. image I'd rather have a neg marring my feedback history.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you, Dog.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file