Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Advise on how much these coins might be worth

Hey everyone, Im trying to find out if any of the wierd coins I have are worth any money, Im trying to make extra for College I found an indin head penny from 1862 and one from 1901, I went to a site and found out some pennies from 1862 have been sold from up to 8,000+ you can e-mail me with any information at kayyy889@yahoo.com thanximage

Comments

• Options
    My guess is a 1903 wheat penny could bring quite a fortune.
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
    I've been looking for one of those for a while.
  • Options
    About how much would a 1901 weat penny go for???
  • Options
    perhaps you should check out this link it talks about wheat pennies and when they were made. Wheat pennies were started in 1909.

Fot facts on wheat pennies CLICK ME
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    1903 1.50 cirulated to 150.00 uncirulated the wheaties 2.00 a roll to 200.00 each. the peace dollar 5.00 good to 25.00 mint state. the morgan with no mint mark 10.00 and up depending on the grade and tone

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    That must be why I never found a 1903. image
  • Options
    they are playing with you because an 03 is an indian head cent

my local dealer
  • Options
    Im not sure if this is a wheat penny, It says United Sates of America above the face of an indian and
    underneath the face it says 1901
  • Options
    Thanx, how much is one of those worth
  • Options

my local dealer
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    So, this how to encourage young collectors ? Some of you should go put your heads down on your desk.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    BNEBNE Posts: 772
    It may be the rare "United Sates" variety, guys!
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

William S. Burroughs, Cities of the Red Night
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    kay,

to give you an idea of the value of those 2 silver dollars, an 1883 morgan and a1922 peace dollar are the exact coins i carry around and play with at work - not worth much compared to the other years, but that doesn't make them any less cool!

i agree laser, we were just having fun image
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    I found an indian head coin from 1862 also, about how much would that go for???
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    see if you can find a golden-red one that says 1877.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

The price of the coin depends on it's condition which is a number between 1 and 70. Anything 60 and above means the coin has not been circulated.

You can check prices here
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The '62 is a little better coin. If it's not beat up too bad it'll bring about $3 at
    you local shop.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    The site i'd been at said that it could be worth 1,000+ it's deff been serculated but it looks like its in
    good condition, U can make out all the words perfectly, their a little worn tho, and the back still has
    detail, its not as warn as the one from 1901, I dont really no about the grading thing, im reading
    about it right now tho
  • Options
    araara Posts: 130
    Kay,

The chance that you have a really expensive coin from your lot is slim. Even if there was 1 or 2 worth some money, it probably won't be enough for college. I suggest you look into qualifying for scholarships. To be sure, take your coins to a local coin dealer and get their opinion on your coins. Hope this helps. image
    aka trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    gold - the barbarous relic!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe any of you are buying this schtick.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I have some weat pennys too, some evn stik to a magnut. image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards, Kay! Welcome to the wonderful world of coin collecting. I highly suggest you listen to the fabulous, free advice from the experienced members (more experienced than me) on this board. If you don't, you are in great danger of falling out of grace with us, and it could happen faster than you think. Not to be rude, but the reason I caution you is that we have a very low tolerance for stupidity. Ignorance is excusable, but once you've been informed, the responsibility is all yours.

Thanks for listening! And once again, best wishes from all of the good people here (if I'm allowed to speak on their behalf).

imageimageimage

Russ, if this thread gets any longer, I will feel stupid.

.....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file