Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dealer recomendation?

Planning a small vacation to the beach and was wondering if anybody has dealt with or gone to the shop in San Luis Obispo (CA) called California Coin and Stamp. Do they sell type coins or certified coins? Thanks for any help.

Cameron Kiefer

Comments

• Options
    Somebody has to know. Braddick? Or anybody in Southern California/Central Coast?

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭
    Allan Crawford owns California Coin and Stamp. A true gentleman in the coin business. He is very polite and congenial, and is the 'old school' way of doing business. His shop has an extensive amount of stamps and coins for sale, about 80% raw and 10% slabs with mostly medals and exonumia for the balance. He moved from the Oakland area about 1992 and has been on the central coast ever since. You might also want to try Santa Maria Coin. Their place seems messy and disorganized, but they have a variety of foreign and US raw coinage reasonably priced. Call ahead since the store hours vary. Don't forget to have a steak dinner at the Madonna Inn.

TRUTH
  • Options
    mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    Allan is a wonderful dealer, one of the few left that give a damn about the hobby.

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I will have to check them both out.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Leaving this afternoon and will stop at the shop. Can give you guys an update on how it went and if I found anything.

Cameron Kiefer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file