Home U.S. Coin Forum

apology

message deleted...apologies to all who may have been offended. student loans will only be used for living expenses and school as per the law.
Nicht mehr Münzen-für jetzt!

Comments

• deleted, barney is an ok dude.

"I love you, you love me, we're a happy family, with a great big hug......."
  • barneybarney Posts: 205
    ok, i will!

no more posts.
  • jtrykajtryka Posts: 797
    Barney, now that you are done violating the law, let's talk double eagles! What do you collect?
  • barneybarney Posts: 205
    OK, I haven't violated any laws! And I did not knowingly do so! So for the forseeable future, I will refrain from coin collecting. Good bye.
    Don't take it so personally Barney, I was only joking (and I can only speak for myself). I just meet so few people that collect gold, I like to chat when I find them.
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    jtryka, really? Gold collectors are few and far between? I didn't realize that; I would think that most people aspire to be gold coin collectors. ....Now gold diggers, I know there are way too many of them!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
    yes jester, it's true. gold collectors are not that common, except for maybe gold type. certainly not as common as morgans or moderns.
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    That's because gold coins are far more expensive for most people. I have 5 gold coins total. If I was able to get a fair price on all my morgans, I could probably get 4 more St. Gaudens. For a total of 5. Talk about your inventory reducer!

Neil
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Thread changes so I deleted my CC info.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
    Neil,

I think it depends on what you are trading for gold. At the price of some of these high grade moderns, you could have a really nice set of Saints! I agree though, my circ set of buffalo nickels would probably get me a liberty half eagle, but that's about it. It also depends on what grades you like. Personally, I can't afford an MS-64 Type 1 Liberty $20, but I can afford a nice XF or AU. It certainly causes you to be more careful on how you spend your coin budget though!
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I know, I need to play in the modern game. I have some that would probably grade very highly. But I don't know if it would grade highly enough to make the really big bucks. Although I do have 8 1964 JFKs being graded right now straight from an original roll. I am hoping I get one MS-68, one MS-67 and the rest 65 and 66. Although with my luck, they'll be bagged for clean surfaces or something. image

Neil
    It seems that in relation to a lot of slabbed or modern coins, older "semi-bullion" gold is a real bargain, in AU (which makes for a beautiful coin). I'm talking about normal Eagles and their derivatives from over 100 years ago, to 1933. Does anyone agree?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
    I agree jester, I just bought three AU-58 Liberty double eagles from the 1890s, all S-mints, and I paid $1100 for all three, that works out to $367 each, and the gold content by itself is $295. Lots of bargains in gold if you know where to look. Of course it was a lot better a year ago when I was buying all the 15-S Saints I could, certified MS-63 for about $400 each. Not anymore!
    Yes, jtryka, that's what I'm talking about. I've been able to pick up raw Eagles for about $165-$175 in AU. Recently I paid $390 for a raw 1899 double, which looks AU58-64. In other words, I don't think it would get the Unc grade, but it's really beautiful, with a patina. At only slightly over bullion prices, you can find very old, beautiful and historical coins. That works for me, and I see no reason to buy new bullion gold.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone's been visiting page 5000 or so.

Collector, occasional seller

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow....this one almost sets a record....have not kept track, but do not recall older one's being resurrected....That is not a challenge people.... :D Cheers, RickO

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reading the forum from the last page forward.

Whew!

OTA

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP hasn't even logged on to the forum in 16 years!

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    The OP hasn't even logged on to the forum in 16 years!

Probably working two jobs.

It is always good to see where we were nearly a fifth of a century ago. Digital paper never yellows.

"Apology" was the perfect title line as well as it draws in the rubber neckers.

:)

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

"Apology" was the perfect title line as well as it draws in the rubber neckers.

Second only to "Delete". :D

edited October 7, 2019 4:25PM

Delete is good as well.

B)

• MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gad I wish @dog97 would come back. He last visited in Jan 2016. I guess when he does come back, because I did the @ thing he'll see there is a post mentioning him.

Mark

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

When one cares more about oneself than one cares about the forum as a whole, or other members, one has no problems spending wasted time in looking up decades old threads and bumping them to the forum. It is a way to get one's jollies, I would think.

The OP left before I joined, but, even then, there is nothing similar currently going on on the forums, so it's a useless bump/thread, imo.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

edited October 8, 2019 12:01AM

@Bochiman said:
    When one cares more about oneself than one cares about the forum as a whole, or other members, one has no problems spending wasted time in looking up decades old threads and bumping them to the forum. It is a way to get one's jollies, I would think.

The OP left before I joined, but, even then, there is nothing similar currently going on on the forums, so it's a useless bump/thread, imo.

Oh dear...perhaps I should start an apology thread.

:|

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2019 8:13PM

@mustangmanbob said:
    You Have Reached the End of the Internet

I get that feeling very morning when I go online while sipping my coffee. There's a whole world outside. What am I doing reading the same old junk? Every morning. It's like groundhog day except without Andie McDowell. AHhh........!!!!!!!!!

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whenever I open an old thread I click on the Posters I am not familiar with.
    I check to see when they were last active here. I wonder what made them
    quit posting and if they are still collecting.

edited October 8, 2019 12:11AM

@Tibor said:

Final posts can be an indicator.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@Bochiman said:

You could start by apologizing to ebay for badmouthing them

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@Tibor said:

Final posts can be an indicator.

The OP may be in the federal penitentiary for misappropriating student loans

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't collect gold , either, too expensive.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Bochiman said:

You could start by apologizing to ebay for badmouthing them

It will be like the nearby K-mart closing earlier in the year. You get to say "i told you so" for a bit, but then you have to find a new place to buy windex and paper towels.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cladking needs to post to this thread. As I recall, his byline notes that he is the ultimate thread-killer.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file