Home U.S. Coin Forum

One dealer has listened to your opinions!

While I do not agree with all the opinions stated in multiple threads I do agree with the collective sentiments on closing auctions early. image

One point of reference first: The practice of closing auctions early to avoid fee’s or to low of a price is not common policy. I will admit to closing a few to save our rears over the past year but it has been very few. We do close actions for mistakes and errors or if the coins are going to be taken to a show the same weekend they are listed. I never want to sell an item on eBay just to find out it sold at the show……..OUCH!image

With this said I will make sure our auctions will be posted with set prices or reserves to protect our investment and the NR auctions will NOT be cancelled for any reason.

Bryan
Texas Bullion Traders

Comments

• ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    My god, what's the world coming to? Between this post and the apology by Anaconda Rare Coins, it would seem that people are actually communicating with one another. Listening, reflecting, and in some instances, changing attitudes or approaches. This is a good thing. I think, for the most part, people talk to each other on these boards just fine. And obviously, things that are said, can have an impact.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Bryan,
    Good luck to you.
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭
    I agree with you Clankeye. I came to the boards to get information (and share what limited knowledge I have with others), and I have learned SSOOOOO much. Thank you everybody. I am exceptionally pleased with the positive outcomes generated by our discussions, and those have been many: in addition to what Clankeye says, we have seen many questionable and obviously fraudulent auctions closed due to our vigilance, thereby improving the market (in my opinion). I wasn't expecting to see such positive effects, including the humbling of people (myself among them). I'm glad we're keeping it civil, and improving the hobby as well as ourselves. Let's keep up the good work; I for one will try to be less sharp with my tongue.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I have to say I am impressed!

now make sure you post a link on the B/S/T board every once in a while.
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    The power of the board huh? image
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Bryan,

Thank you for listening. I will try my best to patronize your auctions.

Don
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭

<< <i>The power of the board huh? image >>

Something like that.image Customer suggestions are powerful tools for business change. (Even if it’s a bit heavy handed at times)imageimageimage
  • I stated in the original post that you handled yourself in a professional manner even if your views were not shared by all. This reaffirms that thought and I commend you as well for listening to the voices beating down your door. It certainly would have been very easy to turn a deaf ear and do what you want as it is your business after all. image
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    As one of the old timers,I am heartened by some of the attitude changes of some on here.The discussions have been watched and contemplated by many.We here definitely can make a difference.At least what we post here is food for thought.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Tonekiller,

I do hope you know I never had any intention to personally attack you in the original thread. If it came across like that let me apologize now.
    I commend your professionalism and will always consider your offerings when trying to fulfull my collecting needs.

Thanks for listening.
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No worries Bill, just a bad day getting ready for the ANA show.

Thanks!

Bryan
  • StratStrat Posts: 612 ✭✭✭
    It never hurts to listen to your customers, good move TBT!
  • tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    bryan,

Great man, love the coins, hate to loose one by not being able to bid. Thanks

tom
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    It appears that Bryan (TBT) not only listens to his customers....he listens to his 'elders' as well.imageimageimage

GSAGUY
  • moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that's great, Bryan...

Texas guys should always try to be "straight shooters"!

am
    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • This, is Good. image

Robert
    You want fries with that?
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    Tonekiller if you want to sell retail just open an eBay store then you won't have that closing auction early problem.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Dog, how much does an ebay store cost to keep open?
    thanks

Robert
  • tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    Yeah Dawg, how much an ebay store cost? Give us the skinny.
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one for two months. It's about nine or ten dollars per month. I didn't like it so well. It might work, I guess, if you're selling tons of stuff.
    I had one NGC MS67RED 1960 Lincoln with a BIN (store price) of $50.00. It sat for the full two months. Once auctioned on eBay was bid up and past the $50.00 price. Go figure.
    I think most eBay'ers injoy the auction format and not so much the Storefronts. Just my guess though. Again, for the bigger Dealers it probably works out well for them.

peacockcoins

• Lets give a big round of applause for Texas Bullion Traders. Way to Go!! A stand-up kind a guyimage
    DirtroadRider

• << <i>It never hurts to listen to your customers >>

Yeah for TBT, now if only PCGS would start doing the same?
    USAF VET. 1964 -1968
    Proud of America!

I Have NO PCGS Registry Sets!
  • braddick,

So I suppose for us small timers, it wouldn't be profitable?

On a side note: My coins that went at auction sold. Oddly enough, the PCGS 1959 PR66CAM quarter was the only one to really take off(if you could call it that).

btw braddick, I saw you bid on one of them auctions, and the whole time, I saw your feedback go up 5 numbers. You must do a lot of business?

Robert

<< <i>

<< <i>It never hurts to listen to your customers >>

Yeah for TBT, now if only PCGS would start doing the same? >>

I would not hold your breath to long then. At the ANA show they were rude for no reason. Went over to the ANACS table and sent in 220 coins. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file