Home U.S. Coin Forum

One must be careful how things are worded (or printed)

info@republicjewelry.com, is offering 4 rolls of SAC's for $40, 4 rolls $40.
It should be more clear, 4 rolls at $40 ea.
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    It looks like they are trying to be deceptive and dupe people.

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    yeah, that's an attempted duping alright.

selling them at face is almost believable - since he may have bought a monster bag, cherry picked the good ones and wanted to get rid of the rest (and maybe encourage peripheral buyers).

charging double for a coin you can get in change at face value - that no one else even wants - is ridiculous.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    $25 in a roll, that's $100. 4 rolls for $40 ?
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • hughesm1hughesm1 Posts: 778 ✭✭
    I say hold 'em to it. If you live nearby, go there and have them make good on their ad. Otherwise, turn 'em in.
    Mark
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    "Dupa" in Polish means "ass". And not the donkey version. Just though you'd like to know.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • AlongAlong Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭

@hughesm1 said:
    I say hold 'em to it. If you live nearby, go there and have them make good on their ad. Otherwise, turn 'em in.

Turn him into who?

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Along said:

@hughesm1 said:

Turn him into who?

The U.S. Mint Police. After all, the mint charged $35.95 plus $4.95 per roll.

To think someone asks more than face value is criminal in our democratic society. They should put a tax on that. Oh wait, we do.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now there is a deal... :D Better than gold below melt.... Well, except for finding nuggets in the wild. ;) Cheers, RickO

• DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

...I thought laserart was back

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

August 1, 2002 10:54PM

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@Along said:

@hughesm1 said:

Turn him into who?

The U.S. Mint Police. After all, the mint charged $35.95 plus $4.95 per roll.

To think someone asks more than face value is criminal in our democratic society. They should put a tax on that. Oh wait, we do.

Ahh...the mint charges more than face value.

If you ever want to sell your proof silver eagles, I will gladly buy them all at Face Value. I wouldn't want you committing a crime. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file