Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

51 state Quarters program

BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
That's right folks. Get ready for the South Illinois coin to be issued in 2009. People here in the southern part are getting petitions going to have the southern half become it's own state. Most of it comes from unfair representation in The House, all our tax dollars are being pumped into Chicago and The four most powerful people in IL are from there. We here don't even exist in the eyes of Chicago so they'd never miss us.. The proposed line would run along I-70 from E.St. Louis to Terre Haute, IN. If only this was 1902 it could happen. Unfortunately it's 2002 so it never will. Never hurts to dream I guess. It almost happened during the civil war. To bad it didn't.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

Comments

• Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    And California into 3 states.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    California does that every now and then. Sometimes split in two sometimes in three. LA usually vetos the idea cuz they have no water to speak of and don't want to have to get it from another state.
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    The other parts of the state stop it because they have no money.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Southern Illinios, isn't that part of KY??? Anything south of I-80 is southern Illinois, that's where they start talking funny...image

A DuPage county resident...
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Good example is looking at our map right now. So. IL used to have two separate districts. Now Central and Northern has 2 big ones that shoestring their way down to the south. One of them mass pretty big in Central, but cut a big chunk down here. There is also one that starts up in Northern Illinois and and runs about 10 miles wide for over 100 miles like a fishin' line and it even has a hook at the end.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The other parts of the state stop it because they have no money. >>

I don't know about that. Central Cal would contain Silcon Valley and alot of the Sierra water shed. No problem with the split from anyone I know of up here. Northern Cal probably wants nothing to do with either Central or South Cal.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Hey BBN,
    We up here in No. IL have known the political people only care about So. IL when election time rolls around. They throw some new road work on to I-57 and everything is OK. We feel the same way in the collar counties. Sales tax is higher because of Chicago. So your not alone in your gripes...
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    where the hell is 80?!?!?! You mean North of Sringfield they start talking funny. wey Byack ooup een Checogo ay? GO Byears and go Cobes! Just weet 'til neext yeeeer. theeee're gonna ween a peeenant! image j/k

I see you're from Addison. The last time I heard of it hey sent their Catholic school down here and played my Alma Mater in '99 in the Football playoffs and got they're a**es spanked. Sure they won state. Mt. Carmel choked.

• Options
    I know what ya mean Marty. In all reality the whole state gets weenied because it's ran by the Mafia and the politicians care only about themselves in the end.

• Options
    BNEBNE Posts: 772
    The most famous separatist drive in California was the movement to create the state of "Jefferson" (no, not named after the nickel) which would include the woodsy areas of Northern California (pointedly, not including SF and the Bay Area) and part of Southern Oregon, in the early 20th century.

If you drive up to Medford on I-5 you can still see signs advocating the "State of Jefferson." I think there is even an "Adopt-a-Highway" sign that indicates that trash along the highway is being picked up by the State of Jefferson.

Rugged individualism still prevails in them parts, and I like my spotted owls FRIED!
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

William S. Burroughs, Cities of the Red Night
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old thread alert!

Blast from the past. There are coin collectors out there that have had or started their collections with these Quarters.

There are some who never finished... LOL ;):D:)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... some ancient history here.... several members no longer here or not participating. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

California will never split up as it is way too awesome as a state.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

LA and San Francisco MSAs can't monopolize the politics of an entire state forever!

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

LA and San Francisco MSAs can't monopolize the politics of an entire state forever!

The people of California vote. People that live in cities can vote because EVERYONE in California (anyway) has that fundamental right.

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

The people of California vote. People that live in cities can vote because EVERYONE in California (anyway) has that fundamental right.

A few more Supreme Court appointments and that could be more debatable. >:):p

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

I understand why one party wants to make voting harder, but to me, that just seems extremely UnAmerican :'(

• Options

.> @ErrorsOnCoins said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

I understand why one party wants to make voting harder, but to me, that just seems extremely UnAmerican :'(

My second post was in jest.

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:
    .> @ErrorsOnCoins said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

My second post was in jest.

Mine was not.

• Options

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that's an old post !!! ;)

Timbuk3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights