Home› World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Latest Econ Submission Results

I have to say my last few submissions have been a steady decline in quality. Mostly in relation to the material I have been submitting though PCGS did also exceed their posted TATs. :( Nice material has been tougher for me to get lately and I have twice the competition for half the quality it seems. This submission also has the distinction of being the only econ submission I've ever made where none of the coins graded higher than my guess. Only at or lower.

Anyway. Onto the grades.

On the left you can see my grade guesses under the GTG (Guess the Grade) column.

Red is lower than guessed and Green is at guess.

The coins in question:












For the 1944 English Reverse for some reason the image is broken?







The first 1893 I knew had been cleaned once I got it in hand. I thought maybe it was light enough for a pass/netgrade but no such luck. Not surprised.

5 of the George VI shillings filled holes in my set but none were upgrades for existing pieces. The 1963 Irish, 1954 English, and 1944-S Australia were all coins that are a point under the highest graded. All incredibly cheap but I thought if they would grade top pop they would be worthwhile. I am especially fond of the Australian Shilling just a really flashy coin with some nice skin.

Here's a handful of videos I took along the way if anyone cares to see:

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

Comments

  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

    There is greater competition and high end material (grade wise) is tough. I like the Edward VII shillings... good results. As for the Australian Shilling... not sure what to write as I have only submitted one George VI shilling that I thought was worthy and it graded 64.

    Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

  • Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Lots to like in those coins!

    I think PCGS is just being a little tough right now, I also had the recent experience where my grading was about 1 point higher than theirs. (Or, we have both proven once again that ownership adds a point!)

    What was the details grade for?

    My current "Box of 20"

  • Options
    ClioClio Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Bob13 said:
    Lots to like in those coins!

    I think PCGS is just being a little tough right now, I also had the recent experience where my grading was about 1 point higher than theirs. (Or, we have both proven once again that ownership adds a point!)

    What was the details grade for?

    Cleaned

    https://pcgs.com/cert/54937339

    https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

    The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

Sign In or Register to comment.