GACC show report
I was there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning. The show is about half the size of ANA, and there were not that many collectors near as l could tell. The dealers l talked to said the show was fine, which I interpret on the double-nuclear-white-hot scale as about 5 on a scale of 1-10. There were empty tables due to dealers cleared out on Thursday (opening day!), more on Friday, and more on Saturday. Oddly, there were nice coins to be had, at prices that would choke a horse. This horse managed to choke one down, so l guess the show was a success.
My sense is that GACC has an uphill fight to survive. Particularly next year, when the ANA is also in Rosemont two months earlier. I hope it succeeds, I think Rosemont is just about the best venue ever for a show.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who do not.
Comments
Nice pick up
Gosh dang that’s a beauty!
Thanks for the report! Nice coin!
You came away with a winning coin. So you had a successful outing.
Beautiful everything.
+1
Nice coin!
In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson
Great pick up.
A show that is just not needed.
Thanks for the report.
I am tending to agree but if it is viewed as a regional show at the current location, then maybe it can work at that scale (attendance, size...). One thing to note is it is scheduled for the last Thursday to Saturday in October next year (2027). This moves it kind of into the pocket of the normal or typical time frame for the Baltimore show (early November). Not sure what is going to be going on with Baltimore at this time.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=OwZlYz2V4AM Sophie Lloyd, guitar shred cover Paranoid (Black Sabbath)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=fbEW8BrNctI Haley Reinhart, Don't Know How To Love You Live (direct to record)
RLJ 1958 - 2023
I attended the WFOM show in Oklahoma City last year. It was my first large show. One thing I really liked was that the ANA published the list of dealers prior to the show, along with their specialties (eg. Morgans, US coins, ancients) and a table map. This was helpful in deciding whether to go to the show, and in planning my Day 1 route thru the bourse. I guess it's a lot of work to compile this information, as I've noticed that not all large shows do so (or as least they do not publish it in advance).
Nice coin. That holder is probably pre-star vintage, as I think today that would definitely earn an NGC star.
+1
Mike
My Indians
Dansco Set