Options
No more Romo on CBS
in Sports Talk
CBS and Romo have "agreed" to part ways after his drunk driving fiasco.
wonder where he will pop up next?
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
0
Comments
Tony Romo may have been a little over the top for some viewers but I always liked his level of excitement and interest in the game at hand. I thought he made some insightful analysis that is sadly lacking in many broadcasts.
I am also sick to death of all the “Cancel Culture” BS in our society.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety," --- Benjamin Franklin
Uhhhhh, I don't know, Jim.
This right here has been a running joke with me and my buddies for so long now 😂😂😂
I couldn't agree more about the cancel culture nonsense
The guy got a DWI, it happens and it has nothing to do with his ability to do his job, it was a victimless crime
I'm not a Romo fan but this is ridiculous
Pat Summerall
Used to be DWI, changed it to DUI and now in Ohio I think it's called OVI. Our fine Legislators can't seem to make up their minds about terminology. I got mine, DUI, in 1994 almost 32 years to the day and reckon most of us have been there. Once was enough.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety," --- Benjamin Franklin
It's his voice I hear in my subconscious mind when I'm on eBay and trying to decide whether or not to bid on an expensive card.
Never got a DUI but could have gotten one numerous times in my teens and early twenties, if I had been stopped. Why was I never stopped? Because while under the influence, I never drove over the speed limit, and made sure I was well under it. Also made sure I kept my eyes on the road, and stayed in the right lane the entire way when on a highway. IE: I didn't drive fast or erratically.
Frankly it astonishes me how some seem to want to drive faster when they're intoxicated, and/or weave in and out of traffic. They are just looking for trouble it seems, and they too often find it.
You guys know how conservative they are at Paramount. They don't want no crazy drunks on their announcing team. Tony belongs at a place like ESPN where almost anything is tolerable.
😂😂😂😂😂😂
next time you're riding the fence, watch this prior to pulling the trigger and it'll provide the clarity you need
That's Tony in the bedroom or savoring the taste of a delicious double fudge brownie.
My Aunt was hit by a drunk driver in 1994 on her way to a Christmas Eve. party. Not in Ohio though so Maywood is off the hook.
So does Romo still get paid?
" Romo's contract, worth $180 million over 10 years, was set to run until 2030"
"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"
I read "a good part of the remaining $72M to walk away.."
Ill go get a DUI right now if someone wants to pay me millions to not work anymore
The cancel culture is complete BS and all network executives need to be fired. There wouldnt even be an NFL if we held the players to the same standards. Romo gets pulled over drunk and gets fired, players can beat their wives and gfs and just get fined. Yea okay
Fire AJ Preller
Way too many people have their lives ended by drunk drivers and that easily could have happened in his situation.
And it always seems like it’s the drunk bastard who is completely unharmed while people in the other vehicle get killed. He should be in jail right now and that would make announcing a moot point.
Its the booze why they generally survive more. They usually are driving faster for more force and the drunk person their body stays lose and relaxed instead of tensing up reducing the force of impact
Fire AJ Preller