Home› General Coin Show Information and Discussion
Options

Whitman Expo show surprises

2026 Baltimore
2027 Washington D.C.
2027 Raleigh NC

Do you favor these new locations?

Comments

  • Options
    Russell12Russell12 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭✭

    No, I'll miss the Baltimore shows

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Either way for me. Change is good, sometimes

  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 7,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Works for me.

    WS

    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    epcepc Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭✭

    As a resident of a Baltimore suburb, I like having the shows in Baltimore. But DC also works for me. Raleigh is a little far for me. I try to minimize the use of vacation time to go to the shows (having a somewhat demanding travel schedule with my wife).

    Collector of Liberty Seated Half Dimes, including die pairs and die states

  • Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2026 2:27PM

    @JohnF said:
    You can rest assured 100% that there be more shows in Baltimore. We're just navigating challenging schedules in 2026.

    That said, many of the folks we've heard from have been really excited about Washington DC event next February which will be a fun one-off event.

    Raleigh in June will be repeated for a few years, which we are also excited about. Everyone was telling us that 3 shows per year in Baltimore was one too many. The Raleigh Coin Club has an awesome event and we are excited to work with them to make this a national event!

    More info and signups here for those who are interested:
    https://whitmanexpo.com/

    Excellent news about Baltimore. If you don't mind sharing, what's going to change in 2028 and beyond as compared to 2027 for Baltimore?

  • Options
    willywilly Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Never made it to Baltimore, I am going to try making it to both Washington DC and Raleigh as my wife and I like both locations to travel to. We will probably drive to both as a part of a longer vacation or fly to DC if we do a shorter week trip. Never had a desire to do Baltimore but would consider a trip to Philadelphia if the show ever happened there.

  • Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2026 2:38PM

    @willy said:
    Never made it to Baltimore, I am going to try making it to both Washington DC and Raleigh as my wife and I like both locations to travel to. We will probably drive to both as a part of a longer vacation or fly to DC if we do a shorter week trip. Never had a desire to do Baltimore but would consider a trip to Philadelphia if the show ever happened there.

    They used to have a show in Philly every year. That ended around 10 years ago. It's not going to happen.

    The dealers HATED the union rules, and Philly presents the same challenges to Whitman as any other major convention town does. Numismatics does not offer enough hotel nights and ancillary spend to interest the convention authority.

    People have suggested Oaks, PA, around an hour outside Philly. They have had a few shows in the recent past, and people seem to like it.

    Not sure whether or not Whitman wants to go that far outside a city, but it's there if they do. It's very suburban, with hotels, food and shopping around a half hour away in King of Prussia. The problem with it is that you really need to have access to a car to make it work.

    Dealers, and show participants in general, tend to want things in one place when they are traveling to a convention. Which is why Philly, Rosemont, Chicago, Orlando, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, NYC, Las Vegas, etc. are big convention towns and Oaks is not.

  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭✭

    I like Baltimore. If they get back to fall and spring in Baltimore and summer someplace else, I'm ok with that.

  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I like Baltimore... this is my local show. DC is OK, but not likely during the week for me (Saturday only). Once I retire, DC will be further away. Raleigh is a bit too far... gonna miss the Baltimore show if this becomes permanent... 😢

    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

    Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    WiscKauWiscKau Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @JohnF said:
    You can rest assured 100% that there be more shows in Baltimore. We're just navigating challenging schedules in 2026.

    That said, many of the folks we've heard from have been really excited about Washington DC event next February which will be a fun one-off event.

    Raleigh in June will be repeated for a few years, which we are also excited about. Everyone was telling us that 3 shows per year in Baltimore was one too many. The Raleigh Coin Club has an awesome event and we are excited to work with them to make this a national event!

    More info and signups here for those who are interested:
    https://whitmanexpo.com/

    I have family in Raleigh. It's a great city.

  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Im excited about jun 27 Raleigh. 50 min away for me, the june raleigh coin club show is great anyways, this combonation is sure to be big. In fact i have a couple dealer freinds who set up at this yearly, I might add on to one of them and bring a showcase. There are some serious power hitters that frequent this show.

  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I prefer Baltimore in the Fall. DC location might have a sales tax issue?

    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    WiscKauWiscKau Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Why no talk about the Virginia Beach show?

    Fantastic town, hotels and sights to see. Plus great food!

  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 13,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2026 5:02AM

    The East and West Coast venues are simply too far for us in the "fly over" Southern portion of the Central Time Zone.

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
  • Options
    gpnycgpnyc Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

    @oreville said:
    I prefer Baltimore in the Fall. DC location might have a sales tax issue?

    I had a NY dealer try to charge me NY sales tax at the New Hampshire show because I came from NY. I walked away from a $9000 sale.

  • Options
    VetterVetter Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Being I’m about 20 minutes from Raleigh, I’m very excited for the new location.

    Members I have done business with:
    Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.
Sign In or Register to comment.