Options
How often do you receive half dollars in circulation ?
Thinking about the 2026 always remember 9/11/01 coin .
TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING 

0
Thinking about the 2026 always remember 9/11/01 coin .

Comments
As often as you do
All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.
Never, not in years,
Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.
My mind reader refuses to charge me. . . . . . .
So the only chance is to get them from a bank.... good luck with that !
No
Never, ever. Especially a 40%’er in poor-1 which no way circulated in general commerce for 40 or 50 years
Going for a box from my bank. Will probably get a box of old non silver Kennedy halves with flood damage.
LOL me TOO !
I get them all the time at my local casino when playing 21, when I get a Blackjack that pays 3 for 2.
Dave
Awesome !
I got them infrequently but regularly until 1977. Since then very rarely.
I've gotten 5 in the last 3 months or so. A local food place saved them for mr and 1 was a 2026 half
Why ask a question when you already know the answer? Or should. Ridiculous.
Hmmm
Every once in a while some will appear in the register till. When I do get the not normally circulating coins, I spend them.
BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
Do you ask cashiers at stores if they have halves, dollar coins, or foreign money that they can give you in change?
It works. This came from the tobacconist in May—
Thats how I got mine Creg
I haven't received one in change in more than 30 years.
Where I'm at they are given in change at the movie theater and the racetrack. It's been a while since I've been to the track but I frequent the theater regularly. I can't recall getting one in change anywhere else in a very long time.
Not since the early 1980s...
Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
Our local movie theater likes to give out half dollars in change. Problem is I usually just use my debit card.
I can't remember the last time I received one in circulation. I have taken them to the bank to deposit.
Have given out many in change...receive only from bank.
Last time I went to the race track. They charged a nominal 50 cents admission so they could control who got in, and for your dollar bill you got a half dollar change. Immediately past the turnstile was someone selling programs… for 50 cents.
All bet payouts were made in 10 cent increments. Rather than use Quarters, they paid out in half dollars and dimes.
Last time I was at the track I was with my first wife, who passed away in 2010, so it’s been a while.
Last month
Flying under the radar I paid cash for an Anniversary card at Safeway
Got a JFK
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso
I used to get them at the hot dog stand years ago. It changed owners and they dont do it anymore
Pretty much zero in the wild these days. Bank runs are really the only reliable way to catch them.
I haven't received any denomination of coin for many years since I use a credit card for all payments. Even vending machines and parking meters take credit cards.
Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire
Only if I go to the recycler. Then I get $2's and Kennedy half dollars.
Llamas and alpacas are camels. They aren't like camels, or related. They are camels. When was anyone going to tell me this?! How long had Bill Nye been holding out on us?
60 years ago, it was common. But I haven't seen a half dollar in circulation in decades.
As often as I get small dollar coins in circulation, never!
You gotta ask yourself why they were even minted? I know why.... For us collectors! 😂 😉
Not in several decades.