NEVER be the first to install new SW. Always wait a few point releases for the bugs to be fixed and for all the glitches to be worked out.
Modern SW development practices ship buggy SW and integrate fixes over the next few release cycles. Companies are too cheap and in a hurry for proper SW testing. I don’t want to be the tester for these companies.
@slider23 said:
If this upgrade had a negative impact on revenue, you would have imminently gone back to the old software until the new software was functional. Give the users of this site the same respect as revenue generating users. Bring back the old software and announce a rollout schedule of the new software when it is functional.
There’s no way that they’d be able to tell so quickly whether there’s been a negative impact on revenue.
And many of the users on this site are revenue-generating users.
I'm trying to be a revenue-generating user. But I am not eligible. Anyone know a work around for this error?
@slider23 said:
If this upgrade had a negative impact on revenue, you would have imminently gone back to the old software until the new software was functional. Give the users of this site the same respect as revenue generating users. Bring back the old software and announce a rollout schedule of the new software when it is functional.
There’s no way that they’d be able to tell so quickly whether there’s been a negative impact on revenue.
And many of the users on this site are revenue-generating users.
Mark, you are missing my point. The message forum does not generate revenue, and putting out this garbage software is disrespectful to the forum members.
@slider23 said:
If this upgrade had a negative impact on revenue, you would have imminently gone back to the old software until the new software was functional. Give the users of this site the same respect as revenue generating users. Bring back the old software and announce a rollout schedule of the new software when it is functional.
There’s no way that they’d be able to tell so quickly whether there’s been a negative impact on revenue.
And many of the users on this site are revenue-generating users.
Mark, you are missing my point. The message forum does not generate revenue, and putting out this garbage software is disrespectful to the forum members.
I don’t think it is disrespectful. Poorly executed yes, but it will all work out.
@slider23 said:
If this upgrade had a negative impact on revenue, you would have imminently gone back to the old software until the new software was functional. Give the users of this site the same respect as revenue generating users. Bring back the old software and announce a rollout schedule of the new software when it is functional.
There’s no way that they’d be able to tell so quickly whether there’s been a negative impact on revenue.
And many of the users on this site are revenue-generating users.
Mark, you are missing my point. The message forum does not generate revenue, and putting out this garbage software is disrespectful to the forum members.
The update doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it apparently does many other members and I don’t take its’ shortcomings personally.
I don’t understand how, on one hand, you could write “If this upgrade had a negative impact on revenue…” and on the other, “The message forum does not generate revenue.” I would think that it generates a fair amount of revenue.
Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.
@slider23 said:
If this upgrade had a negative impact on revenue, you would have imminently gone back to the old software until the new software was functional. Give the users of this site the same respect as revenue generating users. Bring back the old software and announce a rollout schedule of the new software when it is functional.
There’s no way that they’d be able to tell so quickly whether there’s been a negative impact on revenue.
And many of the users on this site are revenue-generating users.
Mark, you are missing my point. The message forum does not generate revenue, and putting out this garbage software is disrespectful to the forum members.
The update doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it apparently does many other members and I don’t take its’ shortcomings personally.
I don’t understand how, on one hand, you could write “If this upgrade had a negative impact on revenue…” and on the other, “The message forum does not generate revenue.” I would think that it generates a fair amount of revenue.
It was not written very well and for that I take full responsibility. If a company releases new software that has a direct negative impact on revenue, most companies take immediate action to correct the problem. The PCGS forum software update does not have a direct negative impact on revenue. As you noted it would take time to determine if there is any revenue impact. PCGS could of handled this upgrade a little better with an announcement of a release date and why the upgrade was taking place.
@slider23 said:
If this upgrade had a negative impact on revenue, you would have imminently gone back to the old software until the new software was functional. Give the users of this site the same respect as revenue generating users. Bring back the old software and announce a rollout schedule of the new software when it is functional.
There’s no way that they’d be able to tell so quickly whether there’s been a negative impact on revenue.
And many of the users on this site are revenue-generating users.
Mark, you are missing my point. The message forum does not generate revenue, and putting out this garbage software is disrespectful to the forum members.
The update doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it apparently does many other members and I don’t take its’ shortcomings personally.
I don’t understand how, on one hand, you could write “If this upgrade had a negative impact on revenue…” and on the other, “The message forum does not generate revenue.” I would think that it generates a fair amount of revenue.
It was not written very well and for that I take full responsibility. If a company releases new software that has a direct negative impact on revenue, most companies take immediate action to correct the problem. The PCGS forum software update does not have a direct negative impact on revenue. As you noted it would take time to determine if there is any revenue impact. PCGS could of handled this upgrade a little better with an announcement of a release date and why the upgrade was taking place.
Thank you for the clarification and I certainly agree that this could have been handled better.
Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.
@CoinPhysicist said:
Curious as to what exactly was wrong with what we had before? Why did it need to be fixed? I don’t like this new forum package at all.
Most likely it was end of support for the version they had been using forcing an upgrade and they weren't sufficiently prepared to migrate. Vanilla may have also changed feature sets available at different levels, although I'd find it hard to believe that PCGS wouldn't use the most full-featured enterprise-level software here. There could also be new differences between internally served and cloud-served versions of the forum software.
Just because support ends doesn't mean it needs to be upgraded. It was working. Just like GM has stopped "supporting" some of my vehicles, but they still run and drive just fine.
The last several years have seen the transition from random releases tested for quality to unfinished updates pushed to meet a deadline. This is across the board for various platforms and operating systems.
Visually, it is difficult to separate individual posts and comments from one another or recognize a forum signature as just that. The font size on the signatures ought to be reduced, and the division between comments needs to be more distinct. The screennames and dates/times posted can also be made larger.
Custom album maker and numismatic photographer.
Need a personalized album made? Design it on the website below and I'll build it for you. https://www.donahuenumismatics.com/.
Your programmers need to be put on notice that they are not doing an acceptable job. The next step is terminating them.
....or at least put them in PCGS Jail for a couple weeks.
Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire
Defects aside, horrible look and feel to the site, but hey, and as they say it’s free and you get what you pay for… but a big step back from a week ago.
I just looked at the CAC forum, very nice experience there, light years ahead of this site.
Other passions include golf, Moto Guzzi motorcycles, and Euro motorcycles in general.
Chris
Your programmers need to be put on notice that they are not doing an acceptable job. The next step is terminating them.
....or at least put them in PCGS Jail for a couple weeks.
Or send everyone who has been banned an email restoring full posting privileges so that it will be more quickly obvious how dysfunctional how the "upgrades" are.
Change back to the old version. This one appears mid to late 2000s, whereas the other looked like a generation ahead of that.
Also, move to dark theme headers/footers and features to match PCGS current branding and general web trends.
“Land of the free because of the brave”
“Saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone”
In Deo solo confidimus
ΙΧΘΥΣ
ΙϹ ΧϹ ΝΙΚΑ (ΙΗΣΟΥΣ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ ΝΙΚΑ)
Member since 2026
Successful BST transactions with: Ted 1, JWP, bigjpst, Vetter, nickelsciolist, ajaan, USMarine6, ad4400, grote15, coinbuf, Gothat3rs, No Headlights, PROMETHIUS88, Harlequin, Coin Finder, Coins3675, CKcollectibles2
@MsMorrisine said:
PCGS is a customer of the forum software provider
PCGS should request a full refund from the software provider if the software provider cannot get their act together. I will assist PCGS management if they need my assistance.
@logger7 said:
Why did PCGS launch this change unannounced that has been broadly regarded as regressive by dealers and collectors who rely on these forums for useful information?
We hear you and understand your frustrations. We are working closely with the forum host on their latest updates.
@BAJJERFAN said:
I don't see a way to access our comments if I want to go back to a specific post. Also I don't see a link back to the home page from this forum page.
Hey there, I can still see this on my end. What I do is I click my profile and then go to "Comments" underneath my profile picture. Here is a link to your comments for your reference: https://forums.collectors.com/profile/comments/BAJJERFAN
Try and recreate my steps and if it's still not working for you, please let me know and I will pass that along to the support team as they work to fix the updates they made on the site.
@BAJJERFAN said:
I don't see a way to access our comments if I want to go back to a specific post. Also I don't see a link back to the home page from this forum page.
Hey there, I can still see this on my end. What I do is I click my profile and then go to "Comments" underneath my profile picture. Here is a link to your comments for your reference: https://forums.collectors.com/profile/comments/BAJJERFAN
Try and recreate my steps and if it's still not working for you, please let me know and I will pass that along to the support team as they work to fix the updates they made on the site.
Another note: @BAJJERFAN I click on the Collectors Forum logo in the top left to go back to the home page. Does that work for you?
Did they reverse the update?
My interface seems to be the old one again.
Llamas and alpacas are camels. They aren't like camels, or related. They are camels. When was anyone going to tell me this?! How long had Bill Nye been holding out on us?
Thank you all for helping us track down these issues.
Please continue sharing any bugs you run into here. I am gathering your concerns and routing them straight to our third-party software provider, Vanilla Forums, who rolled out the recent update. We appreciate your patience while we work with them to fix everything up.
Comments
There used to be an arrow in the lower right that when clicked on, would take you back to the top of the page.
It's no longer there.
Pete
NEVER be the first to install new SW. Always wait a few point releases for the bugs to be fixed and for all the glitches to be worked out.
Modern SW development practices ship buggy SW and integrate fixes over the next few release cycles. Companies are too cheap and in a hurry for proper SW testing. I don’t want to be the tester for these companies.
I'm trying to be a revenue-generating user. But I am not eligible. Anyone know a work around for this error?

Mark, you are missing my point. The message forum does not generate revenue, and putting out this garbage software is disrespectful to the forum members.
I don’t think it is disrespectful. Poorly executed yes, but it will all work out.
The update doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it apparently does many other members and I don’t take its’ shortcomings personally.
I don’t understand how, on one hand, you could write “If this upgrade had a negative impact on revenue…” and on the other, “The message forum does not generate revenue.” I would think that it generates a fair amount of revenue.
Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.
It was not written very well and for that I take full responsibility. If a company releases new software that has a direct negative impact on revenue, most companies take immediate action to correct the problem. The PCGS forum software update does not have a direct negative impact on revenue. As you noted it would take time to determine if there is any revenue impact. PCGS could of handled this upgrade a little better with an announcement of a release date and why the upgrade was taking place.
Thank you for the clarification and I certainly agree that this could have been handled better.
Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.
Just because support ends doesn't mean it needs to be upgraded. It was working. Just like GM has stopped "supporting" some of my vehicles, but they still run and drive just fine.
tried the 2 red circles and they don't work
The functionality and appearance of this new system sucks.
I’m gonna take a break and come back occasionally to see if things have improved or returned to normal.
The last several years have seen the transition from random releases tested for quality to unfinished updates pushed to meet a deadline. This is across the board for various platforms and operating systems.
Visually, it is difficult to separate individual posts and comments from one another or recognize a forum signature as just that. The font size on the signatures ought to be reduced, and the division between comments needs to be more distinct. The screennames and dates/times posted can also be made larger.
Custom album maker and numismatic photographer.
Need a personalized album made? Design it on the website below and I'll build it for you.
https://www.donahuenumismatics.com/.
I really need that edit function back. I browse on my phone. I have fat fingers and make too many typos that I can’t fix.
@PCGS:
Your programmers need to be put on notice that they are not doing an acceptable job. The next step is terminating them.
....or at least put them in PCGS Jail for a couple weeks.
Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire
Defects aside, horrible look and feel to the site, but hey, and as they say it’s free and you get what you pay for… but a big step back from a week ago.
I just looked at the CAC forum, very nice experience there, light years ahead of this site.
Other passions include golf, Moto Guzzi motorcycles, and Euro motorcycles in general.
Chris
Or send everyone who has been banned an email restoring full posting privileges so that it will be more quickly obvious how dysfunctional how the "upgrades" are.
PCGS:


CAC:
I do not fault PCGS management. They are not programming experts. But PCGS management needs to hold the programmers accountable.
PCGS is a customer of the forum software provider
“Land of the free because of the brave”
“Saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone”
In Deo solo confidimus
ΙΧΘΥΣ
ΙϹ ΧϹ ΝΙΚΑ (ΙΗΣΟΥΣ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ ΝΙΚΑ)
Member since 2026
Successful BST transactions with: Ted 1, JWP, bigjpst, Vetter, nickelsciolist, ajaan, USMarine6, ad4400, grote15, coinbuf, Gothat3rs, No Headlights, PROMETHIUS88, Harlequin, Coin Finder, Coins3675, CKcollectibles2
PCGS should request a full refund from the software provider if the software provider cannot get their act together. I will assist PCGS management if they need my assistance.
We hear you and understand your frustrations. We are working closely with the forum host on their latest updates.
Isa (she/her)
PCGS Marketing
Hey there, I can still see this on my end. What I do is I click my profile and then go to "Comments" underneath my profile picture. Here is a link to your comments for your reference: https://forums.collectors.com/profile/comments/BAJJERFAN
Try and recreate my steps and if it's still not working for you, please let me know and I will pass that along to the support team as they work to fix the updates they made on the site.
Isa (she/her)
PCGS Marketing
Another note: @BAJJERFAN I click on the Collectors Forum logo in the top left to go back to the home page. Does that work for you?
Isa (she/her)
PCGS Marketing
Did they reverse the update?
My interface seems to be the old one again.
Llamas and alpacas are camels. They aren't like camels, or related. They are camels. When was anyone going to tell me this?! How long had Bill Nye been holding out on us?
same here rivera!
Isa (she/her)
PCGS Marketing
Hopefully lesson learned - if it ain't broke don't fix it.
The old style in my opinion was an A+ 😊
Kudos
The legacy version is back! YEAH!
BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
The "Mark Forums Read" is still missing.
I see "Mark All Viewed" like I used to.
AMEN to the fix..
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety," --- Benjamin Franklin
Found out how it got fixed.
They hit the "undo" button 4242 times. You're welcome!
10-4,
My Instagram picturesErik
My registry sets
Thank you all for helping us track down these issues.
Please continue sharing any bugs you run into here. I am gathering your concerns and routing them straight to our third-party software provider, Vanilla Forums, who rolled out the recent update. We appreciate your patience while we work with them to fix everything up.
Isa (she/her)
PCGS Marketing