Options
Complete silver eagle set for 29.99
I see a lot of ads on Facebook advertising a set of 44 silver eagles for 29.99. I also see individual silver eagles advertised for 9.99 each. The ad says they were graded by NGC. Question is has anyone bought these advertised coins. If you did how did it turn out. Was there a catch. It just seems to me if it sounds too good there has to be a catch.
0
Comments
I wouldn’t buy anything off Facebook. No way!
Neither would I
It sounds like a scam - likely counterfeits - so I wouldn’t buy them off of any website, Facebook or otherwise.
Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.
It's generally safe to assume anything being offered at a too good to be true price like that is either fake or a scam.
I guarantee they are fake. Typical Facebook scam ad, I thought they cracked down on those.
Collector, occasional seller
You said it all when you said "...too good"
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso
Does it? Does it REALLY seem to be too good to be true? Do you REALLY think someone might not be selling 44 ounces of silver for $29.99?
Only one way to find out. Why don't you do it and let us know how it works out? Do you REALLY need to ask this? REALLY?
how pleasant
The reason I asked this question is I was wondering if it was a way for the seller to get you on a subscription. Like an Introductory offer and then they send you coins every month. I’m not thinking it was a straight trade of my 30 dollars for 44 se.
Don't walk away from this...... RUN
29.99 for a $40 loss on one. then what? i'll tell you what, most would cancel after the first.
not a Christmas present for the masses. fwiw, the bullion dealers occaisionally have loss leader sales. they offer an ounce of silver at spot, and not $35 under
Yeah I've seen those adds too, laughed, and went about my day 😎
🇺🇸 Harlequin
harlequinnumismatic@gmail.com
Home of the Americana Collection of USA silver coins
x9
I wonder why he thinks that his posting of this is anything but unpleasant itself.
All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.
There are companies that sell a SINGLE silver eagle for $30 to $50 to get you into a subscription program. But 44? You think they would pay you $3000 to get you into a subscription program?
All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.
A friend of mine, who is in his mid 80s bought an ASE off Facebook for $9.99. The size and weight were incorrect, and it was not silver. He thought he was going to make a score and order dozens and sell them locally. He was sad whenever I let him compare the Facebook counterfeit to a real ASE.
Yeah, well people like your friend are why this is a thing. Scams like this only work due to the greed of the victims. They become victims only because they think they are actually the ones victimizing the seller.
As though the seller does not realize, in this case, that a one ounce silver coin in a NGC slab is worth far more than 68 cents. And, of course, knowing buyers who buy with the intent of victimizing others.
Yeah, but what's the household limit? Enquiring minds want to know.
Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.
My mind reader refuses to charge me. . . . . . .
The price does not even cover the face value of a set of bullion coin set which has sold for more than face value since it was issued. You have to be mentally challenged and ultra greedy to get taken in on this one.