Options
New app!! Looks bad!
D808LF
Posts: 783 βββββ
No Registry banners for the 'little people' and now this. ![]()
Maybe, if we flood the first page with our concerns management will return the classic site(?)
I'm getting too old for these First World problems.
I need a nap.
fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts
10
Comments
I did like the more compressed presentation of the former style
It not only looks bad. It functions bad. It is all around bad. My PC does not like the layout and it almost is painful to read and navigate.
I sign in and immediately want to leave now.
its almost like AI 'designed' it
terrible UI, no graphical heirarchy, there's like at minimum 4 different font weights and styles in each post making the forum look more like a ransom note wikipedia β’οΈ than a proper well-designed message board / forum
this is - as the kids say - not it.
Only those with complaints will post these nasty threads.
The vast majority who love it just as it is read these bad comments/threads with disgust.
PCGS: The vast majority hare happy with what you have done yet won't post for fear of retribution from those who are dissatisfied.
"Retribution"? That's just silly. What are dissatisfied posters going to do? Burn down your house, or what? π€£
Why would you suggest such an act?
No one said or suggested that.
(close to reporting.)
How could you know that the vast majority loves things just as they are?
Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.
They gotta put that dang "disagree" emoji back in, once and for all
I miss the arrow up to the top of the message? It was on the bottom on the right side.
Looks like he is trying to put himself in a majority that does not exist. No one wants to be alone in their beliefs.
Well yeah, most people who like things donβt post complaints about them.
Iβve just been too busy to post my own thread about how much I hate it.
I never got my ballot
"Close to reporting"?
Oh good grief. You're the one who said people feared retribution. And then got worked up over a joke.
Good luck...the flag reporting feature is broken tooπ
chopmarkedtradedollars.com
Careful, there- somebody might suggest that you get double-secret probation if it's determined you complained about that.
Quite possib> @RedRocket said:
Quite possibly the most mentally unhinged thing I've ever read on a coin forum.
I was reading the new replies in a thread yesterday for not even 30 seconds, once I backed out to the main category,the format was changed.
Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.
I don't see a "Retribution" button in the new forum software. Ignore still works, though.
Keeper of the VAM Catalog β’ Professional Coin Imaging β’ Prime Number Set β’ World Coins in Early America β’ British Trade Dollars β’ Variety Attribution
The redesign wouldn't be so bad if they styled the actual post text so your eye catches it. Instead you've got to scan for the content you're looking to read.
Rare-Change.com - Low listing fee
Online bullying is never a joke.> @marcmoish said:
I disagree. We never really needed it.
and now is the time for unlimited ignores
Can't argue with that logic.
Let me edit my thinking to now reflect, "a minority, consisting of the top 1% of the smartest and most intelligent members, loves things just the way they are."
If it aint broke dont fix it
There's no real separation between posts in a thread, either. The old format was far better.
Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
Not a fan.
Have you recently had a stroke?
I think its still in beta. Once complete all will be well.
Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA
Dantheman984 Toyz4geo SurfinxHI greencopper RWW bigjpst bretsan MWallace logger7 JWP BruceS bigjpst
JWP PROMETHIUS88
No one seems to be get you. Lol. I get you.
I also don't really mind the new design, if they fix the edit button.
All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.
I found one thing I like amidst this disaster. Instead of seeing 32 notifications of new posts to this thread, there's one notification saying there are 32 new posts to this thread. Of course, there are also notifications that simply say "PluralHeadlineFormat.Comment". Some of the issues with legibility and appearance might be related to not configuring. a good "skin" for the forums, but stuff like that isn't.
Keeper of the VAM Catalog β’ Professional Coin Imaging β’ Prime Number Set β’ World Coins in Early America β’ British Trade Dollars β’ Variety Attribution
And neither is stuff like not being able to edit my post to remove the period after "configuring"
Keeper of the VAM Catalog β’ Professional Coin Imaging β’ Prime Number Set β’ World Coins in Early America β’ British Trade Dollars β’ Variety Attribution
Yeah, it's pretty rough, I'm finding it pretty disorienting with the signature text the same size as the comment body.
Also, the main "sort" and "filter" tools at the top don't seem to work.
New forum rollouts are usually messy. However, if they have someone perusing the forum and reading our feedback, they should all be easy fixes.
Newbie collector of type and circulated Peace dollars, photographer of places and animals, player of instruments and builder of amplifiers, espresso industry professional, and a person distracted by shiny objects.
CACG Registry
MyCollect Registry
Not as bad as a submission taking 3 months of a year.
Yep, put me in the "not liking" group. Change is good, most of the time but not in this! Too old to rearrange my brain. Lol
"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!
--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.No, but I did recently stub my toe. It didn't bleed by dang; it sure hurt for a bit.
(Thanks for publicly checking on my medical record. I appreciate your concern.)
How about next time they want to make a major change they take a vote from people on this forum many of whom are tech professionals?
Agree and it's a pretty silly look aligned left with acres of white space showing in the center and to the right on pc screen
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso
For a free-to-use forum that costs PCGS time, money, and headaches, this is a laughable idea.
It is way more likely that PCGS would just shut it down rather than let the inmates run the asylum.
chopmarkedtradedollars.com
Way too much white on the page.
Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
Let's not turn this into a black-and-white issue.
Additionally, the sigline text should be much smaller like it was in the previous version with the divider line directly above the sigline not directly below the post.
Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
Yeah, don't like the changes at all so far! Hope they pursue some of the changes recommended here or just go back to what worked. Also, not being able to edit posts is terrible, especially on the BST, should be addressed immediately! π
πΊπΈ Harlequin
harlequinnumismatic@gmail.com
Home of the Americana Collection of USA silver coins
Constructive suggestions and a bit of patience will likely result in improvements.
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/gold/liberty-head-2-1-gold-major-sets/liberty-head-2-1-gold-basic-set-circulation-strikes-1840-1907/publishedset/15628
March of Time - 27 Centuries in Gold
https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=36590
That's a rude and disrespectful comment.
We are PCGS's customers, there are many of their customers, both dealers and collectors that rely on this forum for information as they wait for their submissions to be finished.
If one learns there way around this new page stuff will get used of it if we dont get a better page back
Agree. Minimize the signatures.
If by 'minimize' you mean eliminate, I (and the vast majority of others) agree.
Anybody who wants to eliminate the signatures can easily do so in their account settings.
It very well may be rude and disrespectful but it is also undisputably true.
chopmarkedtradedollars.com
Not what I said.