Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

9/11 coins ... I have none , can you post some ?

mach19mach19 Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭

NEVER FORGET 9/11/ 2001

TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image

Comments

  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

    there were medals

    there are wtc recovery labels

    anything else?

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If you mean the special quarters, here is a link to info. about them:

    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/11340118#Comment_11340118

  • Options
    AdamLAdamL Posts: 231 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2026 9:59PM

    @MsMorrisine said:
    there were medals

    there are wtc recovery labels

    anything else?

    I think there are bullion coins that were recovered from the rubble.
    Edit: I think that's what you meany by "recovery labels".

  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2026 9:24PM

    OK medals.... Sorry

    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

    no need to be sorry.

    this is just a hard one to do.

    they just put on order yesterday the 10th the half dollars with the 9-11 privy. unfortunately a good rendering isn't out there.

    so we have the mint's. from philly only:

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

    In 2003 I was assigned to a nearby Habitat for Humanity and we were sent with a box truck to Ground 0 (still a hole in the ground at that time) to go pick up some insulation they were donating from the 2nd anniversary memorial. Im totally remiss in not recalling exactly what the building was, but I think it was the nearby Marriott (could be wrong here, but think so). We talked to the guard who was there on 9/11/01 and he noted that several people were killed in the lobby when the buildings came down. It was a dimension of the tragedy that I guess I had never thought of; obviously there were people killed from the impact and in the collapse, there were people killed from jumping, but the tragedy was just so enormous that ‘the many people killed on the ground levels nearby from the collapse’ who weren’t even in the towers themselves never registered, but sure enough, it absolutely happened.
    He told stories of the jumpers and what it was like. Horrific beyond belief.
    I doubt a more significant event will happen in my lifetime. I surely hope not

  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2026 9:16PM

    @MsMorrisine said:

    Please never forget 9/11 2001 !

    The further we get away from 9/11 .. Unfortunately ... The closer we get to it !

    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

    the old foreign gold in the vault always interested me

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

    RGDS!

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.
    BOOMIN!™
    Wooooha! Did someone just say it's officially "TACO™" Tuesday????
    Retiring at 55, what day is today? :sunglasses:

  • Options

  • Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

    I have 40 of the proof & uncirculated medals from 2011, still in the USPS packaging (15-years-late first strike anyone?).

    Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    Some_of_itSome_of_it Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

    I was hoping the mint would drop silver versions of the three congressional gold medals for the 25th anniversary. Would have liked a two week order window.

  • Options
    USSID18USSID18 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file