Special NEWP from last week’s WFOM
Copperindian
Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭




This CBQ Browning 2, R-2 is a very early die state with beautiful semi PL fields & cameo devices. Every detail - stars, hair, denticles. motto, feathers & claws are fully struck. Frosty cartwheel luster fairly shimmers when the coin is tilted about under light. It has a freshly minted look!
Three die pairings were used to strike 1825 CBQ’s: 1825/2, 25/3 & 25/4. More recently, it was discovered a leftover 1824/2 die was used as well. While the B-2 is considered to be a common die pairing, the exceptional eye appeal & condition of this piece is quite uncommon.
A huge thank you goes to Dave Kubes (@usararecoin) for making this special coin available!
“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”
PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
Copperindian
Copperindian II
Indy Eagles
Gold Rush
Bust Caps
Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
Copperindian
Nickelodeon
Early Walkers
Successful transactions: Eagle Eye, redraider, winesteven, renomedphys, splitaces, oreville, ajaan, Cent1225, onlyroosies, justindan, blitzdude, DesertMoon, johnnyb, Heubschgold, SunshineRareCoins, ParadimeCoins, ndeagles, Southern_Knights, pcgsregistrycollector, BruceS
Comments
OMG!!!


Bad a**!!!!!!!!
“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”
Todd - BHNC #242
WOW! Really nice one Ken!
Collector of Capped Bust Halves, SLQ's, Commems, and random cool stuff! @davidv_numismatics on Instagram
I was going to point to this coin as one of the very few other multiple overdates known when I was discussing my new 1824 over Various Dates Half Dollar.
Your coin is fantastic! Congratulations Ken!!
Really. That is a special coin and probably made the whole show for you!
“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”
Todd - BHNC #242
Ken, I'm going to miss pulling that one out of my box to look at. I am very happy it found a great new home!
What a great looking coin!
Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.
I love it!
It checks all the boxes!!
Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍
My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):
https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/
Great coin, congrats on your acquisition.
My Collection of Old Holders
Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
WOW!!!!!!
When I opened this thread and saw the photos of the coin the thought that popped up in my mind was the following song title (I think sung by Robert Palmer):
SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE
Congratulations on a great acquisition.
Beautiful coin! I can only dream!
Incredible coin! Congratulations.
Stellar coin!
Congrats
Love it 😀
O...M...G...
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
Im more thn happy someone put that aside all them years ago 😉
Fantastic! Methought it was a proof at first glance.
Wow
Fantastic pickup! Loved seeing it in hand before you snatched it up.
Collector
Over 100 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 57 members and counting!
instagram.com/klnumismatics
Wow… what a gorgeous look. THAT coin makes me want to collect Bust Quarters.
Lovely
Beautiful coin.
That’s a beauty!
"Another day, another Collectors Universe forum scrolling session."
- Someone, probably
Wowwwwww insane!!! Incredible coin
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" Matthew 6:33. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.
BHNC #AN-10
JRCS #1606
Well that's nuts!
In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson
I loved having this lovely example at our table and I know @Copperindian's tastes. I figured he would be a player for it. One of the most stunning Large Capped Bust Quarters I have ever seen and I got to spend several hours staring at her before @Copperindian scooped it up! My eyes always went right to her in @usararecoins display in the case every time I scanned our offerings. Very happy it is going to a nice home...........................
Wow! What a beauty! Congratulations!
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
BHNC #253
Stunning!