I will say the 2021 palladium eagle was released at $3,350 and you can get an MS70 for under $2K now. It may be a good flip in the near term but doesn't mean it will always be that way.
@jwitten said:
The last sell on pure was 2,400 and none are currently offered for sell
It seems like the naysayers who were saying how unpopular these would be have disappeared. I'm very pleased i made this investment.
"Popular" might be overstating the case. They made 5K of them and there is apparently demand for at least slightly more.
Today. We'll see if that lasts. Mintage trends suggest it might not.
Either way, it's a niche product for a niche audience. Which is why they only made 5K of them, and why it is the only palladium product they make each year.
That said, yeah, I'm glad the people who bought it are not getting hurt.
Yet. Future values will depend on what happens to palladium spot. Not the low mintage, which is low for a reason. Low demand. Not popularity.
@zeesh said:
I will say the 2021 palladium eagle was released at $3,350 and you can get an MS70 for under $2K now. It may be a good flip in the near term but doesn't mean it will always be that way.
But wasn't that when palladium was $2k+/oz? Spot metal price volatility is a risk we take with all American eagles. I consider that separate from base demand, or lack thereof for a coin.
@zeesh said:
I will say the 2021 palladium eagle was released at $3,350 and you can get an MS70 for under $2K now. It may be a good flip in the near term but doesn't mean it will always be that way.
But wasn't that when palladium was $2k+/oz? Spot metal price volatility is a risk we take with all American eagles. I consider that separate from base demand, or lack thereof for a coin.
Absolutely. You are correct about that.
The $64,000 Question is what is "base demand" for these? Once upon a time, they were able to sell almost 20K. Last year they sold 4K. This year they sold 5K.
Period. Across all products, because there is only one. Unlike gold and silver.
Is this "base demand"? We'll see. I also remember people paying big premiums for some First Spouse coins, and people chasing low mintages all the way down to almost nothing as demand fell off a cliff.
The same thing has happened with palladium since the first coin was offered in 2017. Is this the bottom, or just a pause on the way down to nothing?
Unlike gold and silver, the numismatic premium charged by the Mint for palladium is modest. Especially for such a low mintage coin.
So it does have that going for it. Which is a big part of the reason there is presently a healthy secondary market for it.
Intermediate term sustainability, though, depends on actual demand for the metal and the coin. Not people just chasing low mintages.
Sales trends since 2017, and since 2021, suggest that organic sustained demand might not be there. We'll see. The fact that it's a metal that has not been traditionally considered "precious" in much of the world, including the US, doesn't really help.
ive googled like 10 different ways as I feel like im hallucinating ... isnt paul hollis still the mint director?
These were put into motion last year when she was acting director. The printed date on the back of the packaging probably even says 2025. Next year’s version will have Paul Hollis’ signature.
I don't know if the bots gave up or what but this morning I was on my game and picked one up. I clicked through with almost perfect efficiency. Looks like going price is $2700-2800 on ebay raw.
Comments
It seems like the naysayers who were saying how unpopular these would be have disappeared. I'm very pleased i made this investment.
I will say the 2021 palladium eagle was released at $3,350 and you can get an MS70 for under $2K now. It may be a good flip in the near term but doesn't mean it will always be that way.
"Popular" might be overstating the case. They made 5K of them and there is apparently demand for at least slightly more.
Today. We'll see if that lasts. Mintage trends suggest it might not.
Either way, it's a niche product for a niche audience. Which is why they only made 5K of them, and why it is the only palladium product they make each year.
That said, yeah, I'm glad the people who bought it are not getting hurt.
Yet. Future values will depend on what happens to palladium spot. Not the low mintage, which is low for a reason. Low demand. Not popularity.
But wasn't that when palladium was $2k+/oz? Spot metal price volatility is a risk we take with all American eagles. I consider that separate from base demand, or lack thereof for a coin.
Absolutely. You are correct about that.
The $64,000 Question is what is "base demand" for these? Once upon a time, they were able to sell almost 20K. Last year they sold 4K. This year they sold 5K.
Period. Across all products, because there is only one. Unlike gold and silver.
Is this "base demand"? We'll see. I also remember people paying big premiums for some First Spouse coins, and people chasing low mintages all the way down to almost nothing as demand fell off a cliff.
The same thing has happened with palladium since the first coin was offered in 2017. Is this the bottom, or just a pause on the way down to nothing?
Unlike gold and silver, the numismatic premium charged by the Mint for palladium is modest. Especially for such a low mintage coin.
So it does have that going for it. Which is a big part of the reason there is presently a healthy secondary market for it.
Intermediate term sustainability, though, depends on actual demand for the metal and the coin. Not people just chasing low mintages.
Sales trends since 2017, and since 2021, suggest that organic sustained demand might not be there. We'll see. The fact that it's a metal that has not been traditionally considered "precious" in much of the world, including the US, doesn't really help.
Mine finally arrived today!
nice! looks great!
mine's coming today too - can't wait!
Mine finally arrived.
INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN, MWallace, ms71, lordmarcovan,JWP,dantheman984,olah_in_MA,USMC_6115
Oh and nice box and tape too

INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN, MWallace, ms71, lordmarcovan,JWP,dantheman984,olah_in_MA,USMC_6115
They're beautiful coins, and I like mine. But the finish is kind of boring...
mine arrived
and, um ...
what is this?
ive googled like 10 different ways as I feel like im hallucinating ... isnt paul hollis still the mint director?
Paul Hollis is still the Director of the United States Mint, having officially assumed the role on January 5, 2026, as the 41st director
INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN, MWallace, ms71, lordmarcovan,JWP,dantheman984,olah_in_MA,USMC_6115
These were put into motion last year when she was acting director. The printed date on the back of the packaging probably even says 2025. Next year’s version will have Paul Hollis’ signature.
I don't know if the bots gave up or what but this morning I was on my game and picked one up. I clicked through with almost perfect efficiency. Looks like going price is $2700-2800 on ebay raw.