@Basebal21 said:
NFL is finally canceling the Pro Bowl. Worst All Star game in sports
What’s the best?
The NBA all star game used to fun with all dunks and top players showing off. Next was the baseball all star game , which used to fun when you could see other events like the Home Run Derby which has become a pay for view event.
But yea, the Pro Bowl with big guys playing football patty cake. BUT you can’t blame the players when you could get a career ending injury in a meaningless game.
Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
I’m looking forward to the football season, but as a Patriots fan, I could do without the first game. A game home game in Seattle is like going to the dentist. I’ll pass.
Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
@BillJones said:
I’m looking forward to the football season, but as a Patriots fan, I could do without the first game. A game home game in Seattle is like going to the dentist. I’ll pass.
I have a feeling tonights game is going to be pretty rough for us Patriots fans. In fact, the first 4 games are tough. still excited to watch games that count.
@BillJones said:
I’m looking forward to the football season, but as a Patriots fan, I could do without the first game. A game home game in Seattle is like going to the dentist. I’ll pass.
I have a feeling tonights game is going to be pretty rough for us Patriots fans. In fact, the first 4 games are tough. still excited to watch games that count.
Seattle is not going to be as good as last year, they lost Kenneth Walker and I highly doubt Sam Darnold is going to repeat last year's success
Now don't get me wrong I don't think the Patriots will be as good as last year whatsoever but I think this game will be closer than you think
@BillJones said:
I’m looking forward to the football season, but as a Patriots fan, I could do without the first game. A game home game in Seattle is like going to the dentist. I’ll pass.
I have a feeling tonights game is going to be pretty rough for us Patriots fans. In fact, the first 4 games are tough. still excited to watch games that count.
Seattle is not going to be as good as last year, they lost Kenneth Walker and I highly doubt Sam Darnold is going to repeat last year's success
Now don't get me wrong I don't think the Patriots will be as good as last year whatsoever but I think this game will be closer than you think
I sure hope so!!
I am glad they extended Gonzalez. he is a major part of that defense.
This will be an important year for QBs josh allen, Lamar jackson, burrow, herbert. they are at the point where they really need some SB rings. it will be tough though with as good as the Rams look.
I think it will also be an important year for Patrick Mahomes. he already has the SB wins so his legacy is secure, but he is coming off from the big knee surgery and 3 straight down years (for him)
@craig44 said:
This will be an important year for QBs josh allen, Lamar jackson, burrow, herbert. they are at the point where they really need some SB rings. it will be tough though with as good as the Rams look.
I think it will also be an important year for Patrick Mahomes. he already has the SB wins so his legacy is secure, but he is coming off from the big knee surgery and 3 straight down years (for him)
If Cincinnati does what they usually do and make it difficult in themselves by starting off with a pile of losses then winning enough games so it's an absolute calculus equation to explain how they are still in the playoff hunt then Zach Taylor needs to be fired
Baltimore and Buffalo smartened up and dumped their incompetent coaches
The Chargers are not winning anything, Herbert is overrated
Detroit needs to dump that idiot Dan Campbell before we can start talking potential Super Bowl chances
The Chiefs will have a much better team with Walker running the ball, they just need to realize that 150 pound WR's are not the way to go
Seems to me that HC’s at both KC and Cincinnati are on the bubble. The Chargers might also be realizing they made a mistake with Harbaugh, but who knows.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety," --- Benjamin Franklin
I really dislike the Seattle Stadium. That tunnel design makes it very hard for the visiting team to hear the signals.
I think I will watch “The Creature from the Black Lagoon” tonight. It will be more entertaining.
Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
I was checking out some Josh Allen stats today. between passing/rushing, he has accounted for 299 regular season touchdowns. of the current group of early 30's and under QB's (allen, mahomes, lamar, burrows, herbert etc.) he is in the lead. I was assuming that Mahomes would be the leader.
@craig44 said:
I was checking out some Josh Allen stats today. between passing/rushing, he has accounted for 299 regular season touchdowns. of the current group of early 30's and under QB's (allen, mahomes, lamar, burrows, herbert etc.) he is in the lead. I was assuming that Mahomes would be the leader.
Allen currently has 79 rushing touchdowns!!!
To add to my comment about him winning nothing I put most of that blame on McDermott and the Buffalo GM
however, i dont put that on him. he is a fantastic QB and if he were on other teams, i have no doubt he would have won. put him on the chiefs, bucs, eagles, rams teams of the last 5-7 years and he would probably have one at least
When NFL conversations take place Denver is usually not part of the discussion :'(
Hope springs eternal though; and I hope that the Broncos kick it into high gear this season and make a run to the Superbowl (and win it to go to 4-5 all time; and 3-1 since staring 0-4)
@SanctionII said:
When NFL conversations take place Denver is usually not part of the discussion :'(
Hope springs eternal though; and I hope that the Broncos kick it into high gear this season and make a run to the Superbowl (and win it to go to 4-5 all time; and 3-1 since staring 0-4)
Go Broncos!!!!!!
I love Denver, I'm not sold on Bo Nix but I do think they will be there come playoff time
@SanctionII said:
When NFL conversations take place Denver is usually not part of the discussion :'(
Hope springs eternal though; and I hope that the Broncos kick it into high gear this season and make a run to the Superbowl (and win it to go to 4-5 all time; and 3-1 since staring 0-4)
Go Broncos!!!!!!
Denver will be a playoff team. they have a very good chance of being in the SB.
watching that AFCCG play out last year, had Nix been the QB for Denver, they would have been in the SB and not NE.
NE is playing better against Seattle than i anticipated. I have been watching Will Campbell pretty closely. He is doing MUCH better this time around. apparently the knee is healed.
my takeaway from that game: there were a bunch of guys out there playing for the other team
Lock did it inside the 5 with the delay of game that all but cost his team 4 immensely crucial points, then Maye turned around and did the unthinkable when the worst-case scenario was OT
@BillJones said:
I’m looking forward to the football season, but as a Patriots fan, I could do without the first game. A game home game in Seattle is like going to the dentist. I’ll pass.
I have a feeling tonights game is going to be pretty rough for us Patriots fans. In fact, the first 4 games are tough. still excited to watch games that count.
Seattle is not going to be as good as last year, they lost Kenneth Walker and I highly doubt Sam Darnold is going to repeat last year's success
Now don't get me wrong I don't think the Patriots will be as good as last year whatsoever but I think this game will be closer than you think
I want to take credit for saying this game would be close but Darnold going out in the first quarter kind of negates that since Lock was playing so we will never know how it would have played out with their team at full strength
Drake Maye making rookie mistakes cost them, complete buffoonery on that last throw, he is an idiot for chucking that up in FG range
@craig44 said:
just saw that AJ Brown is believed to have suffered a high ankle sprain last night. MRI today
Hopefully that's all it is, definately a rough night for injuries
I read earlier that they are pretty sure Darnold avoided a hip fracture
thats good. when i watched the replay, the way his knee drove into the ground, i was afraid that Darnold broke that hip. hate to see any player go down with injury.
I am afraid that high ankle sprain could turn into a lingering thing for Brown.
for some players they tend to drag on and on and on... the offense definitely seemed to slog down after he left.
@craig44 said:
just saw that AJ Brown is believed to have suffered a high ankle sprain last night. MRI today
Hopefully that's all it is, definately a rough night for injuries
I read earlier that they are pretty sure Darnold avoided a hip fracture
thats good. when i watched the replay, the way his knee drove into the ground, i was afraid that Darnold broke that hip. hate to see any player go down with injury.
I am afraid that high ankle sprain could turn into a lingering thing for Brown.
for some players they tend to drag on and on and on... the offense definitely seemed to slog down after he left.
Yep, I don't know a ton about Brown but hopefully he will be motivated to get himself back on the field soon as he is capable
@Maywood said:
The International Date Line freaks me out. There are actually 3-days for a short while every day in different parts of the World along the Line.
Think about it, you can be taking a nap while in flight and wake up yesterday!! 😂😂
I find it more strange how guys get married and ruin the rest of their lives and don't realize it!
"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"
Comments
Yep I'm looking forward to it, I'm having a big poker game with 10 guys coming over so it's going to be a fun night
I might not even bet since I'm playing poker but if I do I'd be leaning towards a Pats +3.5, I think it's going to be a close game
The NBA all star game used to fun with all dunks and top players showing off. Next was the baseball all star game , which used to fun when you could see other events like the Home Run Derby which has become a pay for view event.
But yea, the Pro Bowl with big guys playing football patty cake. BUT you can’t blame the players when you could get a career ending injury in a meaningless game.
I’m looking forward to the football season, but as a Patriots fan, I could do without the first game. A game home game in Seattle is like going to the dentist. I’ll pass.
NHL should keep doing 4 nations.
Welcome to Game Day!
Hard to believe the season is finally here.
I have a feeling tonights game is going to be pretty rough for us Patriots fans. In fact, the first 4 games are tough. still excited to watch games that count.
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
Seattle is not going to be as good as last year, they lost Kenneth Walker and I highly doubt Sam Darnold is going to repeat last year's success
Now don't get me wrong I don't think the Patriots will be as good as last year whatsoever but I think this game will be closer than you think
I sure hope so!!
I am glad they extended Gonzalez. he is a major part of that defense.
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
This will be an important year for QBs josh allen, Lamar jackson, burrow, herbert. they are at the point where they really need some SB rings. it will be tough though with as good as the Rams look.
I think it will also be an important year for Patrick Mahomes. he already has the SB wins so his legacy is secure, but he is coming off from the big knee surgery and 3 straight down years (for him)
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
If Cincinnati does what they usually do and make it difficult in themselves by starting off with a pile of losses then winning enough games so it's an absolute calculus equation to explain how they are still in the playoff hunt then Zach Taylor needs to be fired
Baltimore and Buffalo smartened up and dumped their incompetent coaches
The Chargers are not winning anything, Herbert is overrated
Detroit needs to dump that idiot Dan Campbell before we can start talking potential Super Bowl chances
The Chiefs will have a much better team with Walker running the ball, they just need to realize that 150 pound WR's are not the way to go
Seems to me that HC’s at both KC and Cincinnati are on the bubble. The Chargers might also be realizing they made a mistake with Harbaugh, but who knows.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety," --- Benjamin Franklin
I really dislike the Seattle Stadium. That tunnel design makes it very hard for the visiting team to hear the signals.
I think I will watch “The Creature from the Black Lagoon” tonight. It will be more entertaining.
I was checking out some Josh Allen stats today. between passing/rushing, he has accounted for 299 regular season touchdowns. of the current group of early 30's and under QB's (allen, mahomes, lamar, burrows, herbert etc.) he is in the lead. I was assuming that Mahomes would be the leader.
Allen currently has 79 rushing touchdowns!!!
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
......................and he has won nothing.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety," --- Benjamin Franklin
Beat me to it 🙂
To add to my comment about him winning nothing I put most of that blame on McDermott and the Buffalo GM
i agree that Allen has won "nothing"
however, i dont put that on him. he is a fantastic QB and if he were on other teams, i have no doubt he would have won. put him on the chiefs, bucs, eagles, rams teams of the last 5-7 years and he would probably have one at least
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
When NFL conversations take place Denver is usually not part of the discussion :'(
Hope springs eternal though; and I hope that the Broncos kick it into high gear this season and make a run to the Superbowl (and win it to go to 4-5 all time; and 3-1 since staring 0-4)
Go Broncos!!!!!!
I love Denver, I'm not sold on Bo Nix but I do think they will be there come playoff time
Denver will be a playoff team. they have a very good chance of being in the SB.
watching that AFCCG play out last year, had Nix been the QB for Denver, they would have been in the SB and not NE.
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
Donald wont be traveling with the Rams to Australia.
Fire AJ Preller
NE is playing better against Seattle than i anticipated. I have been watching Will Campbell pretty closely. He is doing MUCH better this time around. apparently the knee is healed.
bummer about AJ
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
Jacus is playing quite well. they also got a TD reception out of the new TE. getting some contribution from the rookies already
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
NE is playing disciplined football and Seattle has been murdering themselves all night with inopportune penalties
difference in the game imo
good point, lots of penalties against Sea
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
well that was a dumb throw, right into double coverage...
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
AJ was not walking very well coming off the field earlier.
doctor craig44 thinks it looks like a high ankle sprain. out 4-6 weeks...
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
absolute killer drop by Doubs
not sure what Drake was seeing on that last one...
possibly frustration from the drop
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
Seattle wins in an OT thriller to get the season off to a gangbuster start.
Well, Drake MAYe, but then again he MAYe not .
Thought I had a winning premonition.
my takeaway from that game: there were a bunch of guys out there playing for the other team
Lock did it inside the 5 with the delay of game that all but cost his team 4 immensely crucial points, then Maye turned around and did the unthinkable when the worst-case scenario was OT
there were plenty of other examples
backbreaking stupidity all over the field
I want to take credit for saying this game would be close but Darnold going out in the first quarter kind of negates that since Lock was playing so we will never know how it would have played out with their team at full strength
Drake Maye making rookie mistakes cost them, complete buffoonery on that last throw, he is an idiot for chucking that up in FG range
Didn't watch/follow the game at all so I'll ask the question nobody has: Were there any clock problems??
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety," --- Benjamin Franklin
that last int was an abomination. if it isnt there you HAVE to throw that one away and get to OT
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
Who did the Seahawks play? I didn’t recognize the uniforms. Was it a men’s league?
just saw that AJ Brown is believed to have suffered a high ankle sprain last night. MRI today
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
Hopefully that's all it is, definately a rough night for injuries
I read earlier that they are pretty sure Darnold avoided a hip fracture
thats good. when i watched the replay, the way his knee drove into the ground, i was afraid that Darnold broke that hip. hate to see any player go down with injury.
I am afraid that high ankle sprain could turn into a lingering thing for Brown.
for some players they tend to drag on and on and on... the offense definitely seemed to slog down after he left.
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
Yep, I don't know a ton about Brown but hopefully he will be motivated to get himself back on the field soon as he is capable
It would be really nice if we still had Boute!
Rams/49ers game starts at 10:35 AM local time in Melbourne Australia. Curious to hear players reactions to this start time and time change adjustment.
in the first quarter the Rams looked like they flew 16 hours across the international date line to play a football game
they're waking up now
they took another nap
The International Date Line freaks me out. There are actually 3-days for a short while every day in different parts of the World along the Line.
Think about it, you can be taking a nap while in flight and wake up yesterday!! 😂😂
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety," --- Benjamin Franklin
the Rams are getting worked
after 3 quarters: Myles Garrett with zero sacks and zero tackles
he has done nothing
his team hasn't done much more
"OVER-RATED!"...........
"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"
I find it more strange how guys get married and ruin the rest of their lives and don't realize it!


"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"
the prohibitive favorites to win the super bowl just got their asses kicked
AJ Brown out at least a month