Home› Sports Talk
Options

2026 NFL Regular Season Thread

1…111213141517»

Comments

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 13,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:
    The fact that you’re comparing and analyzing reactions to various injuries tells us all we need to know. You’re the expert. Next time I witness a car crash or just a little old lady crumpling in a crosswalk, I’ll think about how you’d react to it with the notion that you’ll brush it off as simply a minor incident. You reference internet memes and fan reaction as if it’s really meaningful. It’s people piling on. Please try to accept the real fact - YOU DON’T KNOW how another person feels their pain. Only your own.

    i know the normal pain reaction to a minor injury. as do most people. i guess you are not one of those people who know things. you must be one of those gen z folks who only know "their truth" as opposed to "the truth."

    dont be obtuse.

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Craig…. Simple question. Don’t you think part of his reaction after pulling the hammy was out of frustration and having the sudden realization that he was going to be losing playing time?
    If yes, then wouldn’t you want your QB to be ticked off about missing playing time or should he not care and remain stoic?

  • Options
    ElMagoStrikeZoneElMagoStrikeZone Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:
    The fact that you’re comparing and analyzing reactions to various injuries tells us all we need to know. You’re the expert. Next time I witness a car crash or just a little old lady crumpling in a crosswalk, I’ll think about how you’d react to it with the notion that you’ll brush it off as simply a minor incident. You reference internet memes and fan reaction as if it’s really meaningful. It’s people piling on. Please try to accept the real fact - YOU DON’T KNOW how another person feels their pain. Only your own.

    i know the normal pain reaction to a minor injury. as do most people. i guess you are not one of those people who know things. you must be one of those gen z folks who only know "their truth" as opposed to "the truth."

    dont be obtuse.

    I know pain, sir. For real. I’ve no need for your categorizations or accusations. You’re not the right person to communicate with about this topic. I’ll chat about it with the other guys.

  • Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Darin said:
    Damn you’re soft basebal21. I pulled my hammy twice in 2 months playing softball and never had a compression sleeve or wrap or anything put on it. Just limped around until it got better. I wouldn’t have known what a compression sleeve was back then. And I do remember it hurting when trying to sleep so don’t tell me about there not being pain.
    You’re soft if you ever had anything wrapped around a pulled hammy. Tough it out like a man.

    Glad to hear your boo boo from your beer league softball league that was probably coed got better.

    Some of us played real sports. I was getting paid playing professional baseball in the minors, have caught innings with a completely torn PCL until my knee just gave out, multiple broken wrists that just taped up etc but sure a rec league softball league is the same

    If your boo boo from softball hurt when you were trying to sleep thats a you thing. It doesnt hurt unless you try and sprint and then you get the stabbing pain. You really should have kept the fact that you cant run 60 feet in rec league softball without hurting yourself to comparing it to real injuries to yourself

    Fire AJ Preller

  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Basebal you probably don’t want to compare injuries with me. In my younger days I was accident prone, I won’t go into it but now that I’m older all I’ve done is survived cancer for 5 years and counting.
    I’m done with the subject which was about Caleb being soft which is laughable because just becoming an NFL QB is contrary to that argument.

  • Options
    ElMagoStrikeZoneElMagoStrikeZone Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Got a good game coming up tomorrow night. Old time rivals, Steelers vs. Browns. Looking forward to a slugfest.

  • Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Darin said:
    Basebal you probably don’t want to compare injuries with me. In my younger days I was accident prone, I won’t go into it but now that I’m older all I’ve done is survived cancer for 5 years and counting.
    I’m done with the subject which was about Caleb being soft which is laughable because just becoming an NFL QB is contrary to that argument.

    I am glad you beat the cancer but the topic was sports injuries not medical health complications that have nothing to do with sports which everyone goes through to some extent myself included with a bad surgery that ended my career.

    Hes soft. He was having a bad game then acted like he needed an ambulance. Saw a way out and took it and ended up week to week over basically nothing

    Fire AJ Preller

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 13,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Darin said:
    Craig…. Simple question. Don’t you think part of his reaction after pulling the hammy was out of frustration and having the sudden realization that he was going to be losing playing time?
    If yes, then wouldn’t you want your QB to be ticked off about missing playing time or should he not care and remain stoic?

    possibly?? i think the leader of a team and the player in its most important position needs to reel in the "frustration." especially in public. In front of fans, teammates, other teams, the media. yes, you fake it.

    you get frustrated and throw chairs, whatever he needs to do when he is safely back in the training room, in private, getting treatment. completely lose it in private, but when you are on the field you keep composure. pretend you are not in pain. it is just terrible optics.

    he is soft. plain and simple.

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 13,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:

    @craig44 said:

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:
    The fact that you’re comparing and analyzing reactions to various injuries tells us all we need to know. You’re the expert. Next time I witness a car crash or just a little old lady crumpling in a crosswalk, I’ll think about how you’d react to it with the notion that you’ll brush it off as simply a minor incident. You reference internet memes and fan reaction as if it’s really meaningful. It’s people piling on. Please try to accept the real fact - YOU DON’T KNOW how another person feels their pain. Only your own.

    i know the normal pain reaction to a minor injury. as do most people. i guess you are not one of those people who know things. you must be one of those gen z folks who only know "their truth" as opposed to "the truth."

    dont be obtuse.

    I know pain, sir. For real. I’ve no need for your categorizations or accusations. You’re not the right person to communicate with about this topic. I’ll chat about it with the other guys.

    you have fallen into the "appeal to lived experience" logical fallacy. it is a VERY weak argument and never works in real debate.

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

  • Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:

    @craig44 said:

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:
    The fact that you’re comparing and analyzing reactions to various injuries tells us all we need to know. You’re the expert. Next time I witness a car crash or just a little old lady crumpling in a crosswalk, I’ll think about how you’d react to it with the notion that you’ll brush it off as simply a minor incident. You reference internet memes and fan reaction as if it’s really meaningful. It’s people piling on. Please try to accept the real fact - YOU DON’T KNOW how another person feels their pain. Only your own.

    i know the normal pain reaction to a minor injury. as do most people. i guess you are not one of those people who know things. you must be one of those gen z folks who only know "their truth" as opposed to "the truth."

    dont be obtuse.

    I know pain, sir. For real. I’ve no need for your categorizations or accusations. You’re not the right person to communicate with about this topic. I’ll chat about it with the other guys.

    you have fallen into the "appeal to lived experience" logical fallacy. it is a VERY weak argument and never works in real debate.

    When you used the appeal to popularity did you think we wouldn’t notice?

    You in a debate. That would be fun. Give me any position.

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 13,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @bgr said:

    @craig44 said:

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:

    @craig44 said:

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:
    The fact that you’re comparing and analyzing reactions to various injuries tells us all we need to know. You’re the expert. Next time I witness a car crash or just a little old lady crumpling in a crosswalk, I’ll think about how you’d react to it with the notion that you’ll brush it off as simply a minor incident. You reference internet memes and fan reaction as if it’s really meaningful. It’s people piling on. Please try to accept the real fact - YOU DON’T KNOW how another person feels their pain. Only your own.

    i know the normal pain reaction to a minor injury. as do most people. i guess you are not one of those people who know things. you must be one of those gen z folks who only know "their truth" as opposed to "the truth."

    dont be obtuse.

    I know pain, sir. For real. I’ve no need for your categorizations or accusations. You’re not the right person to communicate with about this topic. I’ll chat about it with the other guys.

    you have fallen into the "appeal to lived experience" logical fallacy. it is a VERY weak argument and never works in real debate.

    When you used the appeal to popularity did you think we wouldn’t notice?

    You in a debate. That would be fun. Give me any position.

    oh come on, you know that argumentum ad populum is an informal fallacy and in this case was used as an observation and not as a proof.

    i am sure you would be just fantastic in formal debate.

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    ElMagoStrikeZoneElMagoStrikeZone Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:

    @craig44 said:

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:
    The fact that you’re comparing and analyzing reactions to various injuries tells us all we need to know. You’re the expert. Next time I witness a car crash or just a little old lady crumpling in a crosswalk, I’ll think about how you’d react to it with the notion that you’ll brush it off as simply a minor incident. You reference internet memes and fan reaction as if it’s really meaningful. It’s people piling on. Please try to accept the real fact - YOU DON’T KNOW how another person feels their pain. Only your own.

    i know the normal pain reaction to a minor injury. as do most people. i guess you are not one of those people who know things. you must be one of those gen z folks who only know "their truth" as opposed to "the truth."

    dont be obtuse.

    I know pain, sir. For real. I’ve no need for your categorizations or accusations. You’re not the right person to communicate with about this topic. I’ll chat about it with the other guys.

    you have fallen into the "appeal to lived experience" logical fallacy. it is a VERY weak argument and never works in real debate.

    Please stop. Your replies are ridiculous. You don't know me. If you want to apply labels, apply them to yourself.

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 13,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2026 8:41AM

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:

    @craig44 said:

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:

    @craig44 said:

    @ElMagoStrikeZone said:
    The fact that you’re comparing and analyzing reactions to various injuries tells us all we need to know. You’re the expert. Next time I witness a car crash or just a little old lady crumpling in a crosswalk, I’ll think about how you’d react to it with the notion that you’ll brush it off as simply a minor incident. You reference internet memes and fan reaction as if it’s really meaningful. It’s people piling on. Please try to accept the real fact - YOU DON’T KNOW how another person feels their pain. Only your own.

    i know the normal pain reaction to a minor injury. as do most people. i guess you are not one of those people who know things. you must be one of those gen z folks who only know "their truth" as opposed to "the truth."

    dont be obtuse.

    I know pain, sir. For real. I’ve no need for your categorizations or accusations. You’re not the right person to communicate with about this topic. I’ll chat about it with the other guys.

    you have fallen into the "appeal to lived experience" logical fallacy. it is a VERY weak argument and never works in real debate.

    Please stop. Your replies are ridiculous. You don't know me. If you want to apply labels, apply them to yourself.

    for the record, I feel exactly the same way about your replies...

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 10,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

    the only thing i have to add to this conversation is......

    ......i don't care what is being discussed, if someone flashes Daft Punk they're getting an and 1 in the like column

  • Options
    ElMagoStrikeZoneElMagoStrikeZone Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

    These types of clashes in a live setting such as a football stadium typically conclude with beer tsunamis, food tornadoes and Security officers sorting out the villains, so I’m just happy to be a nerd in an online ball pit. 🤣

  • Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I was just thinking about lunch... and what an absolute BABY MAN POOR CALEB is!

  • Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @Darin said:
    Craig…. Simple question. Don’t you think part of his reaction after pulling the hammy was out of frustration and having the sudden realization that he was going to be losing playing time?
    If yes, then wouldn’t you want your QB to be ticked off about missing playing time or should he not care and remain stoic?

    possibly?? i think the leader of a team and the player in its most important position needs to reel in the "frustration." especially in public. In front of fans, teammates, other teams, the media. yes, you fake it.

    you get frustrated and throw chairs, whatever he needs to do when he is safely back in the training room, in private, getting treatment. completely lose it in private, but when you are on the field you keep composure. pretend you are not in pain. it is just terrible optics.

    he is soft. plain and simple.

    @craig44 said:

    @Darin said:
    Craig…. Simple question. Don’t you think part of his reaction after pulling the hammy was out of frustration and having the sudden realization that he was going to be losing playing time?
    If yes, then wouldn’t you want your QB to be ticked off about missing playing time or should he not care and remain stoic?

    possibly?? i think the leader of a team and the player in its most important position needs to reel in the "frustration." especially in public. In front of fans, teammates, other teams, the media. yes, you fake it.

    you get frustrated and throw chairs, whatever he needs to do when he is safely back in the training room, in private, getting treatment. completely lose it in private, but when you are on the field you keep composure. pretend you are not in pain. it is just terrible optics.

    he is soft. plain and simple.

    Im fine with anger being displayed like when Ortiz almost killed Pedroia in the dugout destroying the dugout phone. You just cant show frustration in the Im a giant you know what kind of way, that just makes everyone want to give up and that attitude is contagious

    Fire AJ Preller

Sign In or Register to comment.