Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Update: Rio De La Plata auction house (bidding and shipping)

TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 21, 2024 3:18PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

This was my first time buying from them all went well. If you live in Canada or the USA expect to wait 30 days or more to receive your order (s). Mine arrived yesterday so a little short of 30 days and I am in Canada.

Just for those that may want to buy from them and do not know how it works. I received my tracking 3 weeks after paying I am not sure if they normally send it out since I send a message asking for it.

Anyways I will for sure buy from them in the future. Shipping was 40$US that is the only option available and personally I am OK with that since it was shipped registered mail. As far as Canada Post tracking updates I still see none. You will have to track in a global tracking system and even then my tracking stopped at entry into Canada about a week ago.

Comments

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2024 1:21PM

I paid via PayPal invoice. The tracking was not updated there but received via e-mail. Canada Post made the delivery and they required a signature upon delivery.

So I imagine it would be USPS making the delivery if you live in the USA but not 100% sure (when I ship to the USA via Canada Post it becomes USPS but this could be different). And if it is USPS may be it is like Canada Post there is no tracking updates once it enters the USA.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

So glad we can close this saga

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2024 3:35PM

@Boosibri said:
    So glad we can close this saga

No saga just as a new buyer I had questions and concerns it is normal in my opinion especially when I am not one to want to buy much outside of Canada or the USA. But I get your drift. I just wanted to take the time to write this so if any future new buyers have concerns they can see my responses and hopefully bid vs been not sure of bidding or not bidding at all.

I can imagine with the years of experience you have accumulated you have confidence built up. I on the other hand need to build that confidence up one step at a time.

At first I had doubts about the shipping (from Latin America to me in Canada) but now I do not and will continue to buy from them. And I encourage new potential buyers to do the same and bid with confidence. For me it is breaking my comfort zone any time I purchase outside of Canada and the USA and so far all my experiences have been positive.