Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A very serious thought on switching Hobbies!

2»

Comments

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer silver and gold to cardboard.

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2024 1:08PM

@braddick said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@fox9487 said:

Please, switch hobbies. You really don't seem to be a collector any who. Your constant bragadosa is nauseating.
    Your whole approach of any thread started seems to be a contradiction to your sig line which I find offensive. It should be removed. Religion is cool, promoting one secular religion in a sig line is not.

Ask Jesus what to do I guess. The answer is right there.

Why bother those of us that are not interested in your supposed collecting issue. And I am fully aware that I did not need to click on this thread. I just wanted to see what train wreck from a hypocrite was on deck now.

Why don't you go hang out on the music thread and leave us REAL collectors alone.

There is nothing wrong with differences of opinions. No need to scold someone and have them leave because you don't agree with what they stated.
    If you start a thread- be prepared for opposing opinions.

I predict one day we will ALL be tired of this current "woke" mentality.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with differences of opinion. Which means you should respect my opinion.

Did I say something wrong or insulting to @fox9487? This guy @fox9487 (in my opinion) attacked Joey. The guy has been here 9 years, has 297 post, only started 6 discussions and apparently hangs out in the music forum.

So you're defending what @fox9487 said? I'd rather see him defend himself.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    Check again, Mark.
    He's been called a braggart, an addict, non collector, hypocrite, that just wants to make a quick buck. Even criticized the man for promoting religion.
    I've never known him to be any of those things, really.
    He just does his own thing and has the audacity to talk to us about it.

At least two of the names Joey was called and which you included above were from the post I mentioned. And a third one was from a post that ended with “But, above all, have fun!”.

I wonder if even Joey, himself, would take issue with someone thinking he might be an addict and/or that he wants to make a quick buck? Regardless, it seems that you and I interpreted the tone of several replies very differently,

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@braddick said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@fox9487 said:

Please, switch hobbies. You really don't seem to be a collector any who. Your constant bragadosa is nauseating.
    Your whole approach of any thread started seems to be a contradiction to your sig line which I find offensive. It should be removed. Religion is cool, promoting one secular religion in a sig line is not.

Why bother those of us that are not interested in your supposed collecting issue. And I am fully aware that I did not need to click on this thread. I just wanted to see what train wreck from a hypocrite was on deck now.

Why don't you go hang out on the music thread and leave us REAL collectors alone.

There is nothing wrong with differences of opinions. No need to scold someone and have them leave because you don't agree with what they stated.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with differences of opinion. Which means you should respect my opinion.

Did I say something wrong or insulting to @fox9487? This guy @fox9487 (in my opinion) attacked Joey. The guy has been here 9 years, has 297 post, only started 6 discussions and apparently hangs out in the music forum.

So you're defending what @fox9487 said? I'd rather see him defend himself.

See, that's the thing.
    He- nor you- should have to "defend" yourself for having an opinion.

On a side note: NO one needs to respect anyone's opinions here.
    That is not a prerequisite to civility and discourse.

Example:
    You could state your two-headed quarter is genuine and I don't have to respect that opinion.

peacockcoins

• goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins, Did you see the story that just came out about the dealer who bought a collection of 20 million sports cards from one collector?

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Burdick was never married. Just sayin'.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@goodmoney4badmoney said:
    @joeykoins, Did you see the story that just came out about the dealer who bought a collection of 20 million sports cards from one collector?

No, I haven't?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@goodmoney4badmoney said:

No, I haven't?

It's been in the recent news. It's pretty staggering how much one person accumulated.

All you guys Rock!
    TY.
    <3

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    @joeykoins - It's not going to work. You can't find sports cards at banks! 🤣 :D

Did you try the dumpster behind the bank?

@joeykoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@fox9487 said:

@joeykoins said:
    Hi guys,
    Well, this could be a game changer? Sorry, pun intended! 😆
    Recently been in the Sports Card game.
    Not too long ago, I purchased 4 Caitlin Clark, Graded cards from PSA/BGS.
    Since then, I
    occasionally been picking up some Basketball & Baseball boxes up.
    Well, being aware of Caitlin's Hot Cards.
    Soon after, then I heard of the Victor Wembanyama craze!
    Because of my recent buys, I've come across some nice valued cards!
    Today, I ripped a pack from a box of,
    2023, 24 Topps Chrome Basketball
    and found a
    Victor Wembanyama
    Green Parallel RC. $170!
    Added to my other lower valued Wembys (12).
    So, I've been flipping many of my coins for the Boxes!
    Then finding out, some are profitable. Making out very well.
    Don't get me wrong.
    I still Love the Coin Hobby and it's coins but my passion has been leaning more to the Cards side.
    Sure, you guys are probably going to suggest to me, "why not do both?"
    Well, we'll see.
    After my new Retirement life Segway...
    Maybe, it's time?
    Just a thought for now guys.
    Thank you ALL.
    I still love you all!
    Time to Switch
    Victors?

You don't think Jesus approves of gambling on YouTube? 😉

Was wondering when you were going to chime in?

It really wasn't about you but the person who posted. I don't care what you do. I'm also fairly certain Jesus doesn't either.

@Smudge said:
    I prefer silver and gold to cardboard.

What about silver and gold on cardboard?

@MFeld said:

@DCW said:
    Check again, Mark.
    He's been called a braggart, an addict, non collector, hypocrite, that just wants to make a quick buck. Even criticized the man for promoting religion.

At least two of the names Joey was called and which you included above were from the post I mentioned. And a third one was from a post that ended with “But, above all, have fun!”.

I wonder if even Joey, himself, would take issue with someone thinking he might be an addict and/or that he wants to make a quick buck? Regardless, it seems that you and I interpreted the tone of several replies very differently,

Aren't most collectors addicts?

• SIowhandSIowhand Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your life must be miserable if you are lashing out at someone who may be the most positive person on this forum.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@MFeld said:

@DCW said:
    Check again, Mark.

I’d think many, if not most. And I doubt that a large percentage of them/us would take offense at that label.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Hi guys,
    Well, this could be a game changer? Sorry, pun intended! 😆
    Recently been in the Sports Card game.
    Not too long ago, I purchased 4 Caitlin Clark, Graded cards, PSA/BGS from Ebay.
    Since then, I
    occasionally purchase some Basketball & Baseball boxes.
    Well, being aware of Caitlin's Hot Cards.
    Soon after, then I heard of the, Victor Wembanyama, craze!
    Because of my recent buys, I've come across some nice valued cards!
    Today, I ripped a pack from a box of,
    2023, 24 Topps Chrome Basketball
    and found a
    Victor Wembanyama
    Green Parallel RC. $170!
    Added to my other lower valued Wembys (12).
    So, I've been flipping many of my coins for the Boxes!
    Then finding out, some are profitable. Making out very well.
    Don't get me wrong.
    I still Love the Coin Hobby and it's coins but my passion has been leaning more to the Cards side.
    Sure, you guys are probably going to suggest to me, "why not do both?"
    Well, we'll see.
    After my new Retirement life Segway...
    Maybe, it's time?
    Just a thought for now guys.
    Thank you ALL.
    I still love you all!
    Time to Switch
    Victors?

"Say it ain't so Joe"(Joey)⚾🏀🏈

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2024 11:02PM

@MFeld said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MFeld said:

@DCW said:
    Check again, Mark.

I’d think many, if not most. And I doubt that a large percentage of them/us would take offense at that label.

If most collectors are bordering on being an addict, then you might as well call me Tyrone Biggums...

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@fox9487 said:

As well, the music thread is underappreciated.

;)

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2024 5:31AM

Moral of the story :
    “To the Victor go the spoils.”

HE>I

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@MFeld said:

@DCW said:
    Check again, Mark.

Addicted to making money perhaps. But then the only coins I haven't been able to let myself sell are the ones that could bring good money. But they took too long to find and I spent too much time and money hunting them.
    Okay maybe I am addicted...

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was this thread moved over to here? I dont know any of the names that are responding. lol

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭

I'm so confused, but I love it.

Joey did say "Very Serious" and the only time I get Serious about quitting the hobby is right after seeing my grades.

It's okay Joey happens to most of us :D

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2024 2:17PM

@bgr said:
    I'm so confused, but I love it.

The coin folks go hard and Joey came in with a loud bang when he joined years ago.

I frequent that side once and awhile just to enjoy the fun. The Trading card section hasn't been that fun for years, they all got banned.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
    edited September 16, 2024 3:23PM

Hello Everybody!
    I'm a "Newby" here.
    " I am a Cardoholic!"
    :D
    No, seriously.
    My thread Just ranted about maybe, just maybe?
    Changing my hobby interests?
    All because of 2 phenomenons in sports.
    Caitlin C. & Victor Wembanyama!
    They most certainly peaked my financial interest.
    What a pair of great athletes!
    Wow!
    Plus, they're sports cards aren't all that bad as well.
    Both Rookies too!
    B)

@nam812 said:
    Was this thread moved over to here? I dont know any of the names that are responding. lol

Yes!
    I got "wished in the cornfields"
    😆
    No, this hobby isn't that bad!
    😆
    But yes, our host moved my thread over here.
    Thinking it was more about sports than coins, I guess?
    Thanks

Oh damn! I didn’t realize where we are now :D I might have to hang and check it out for a while.
    I have stacks of cards I bought from an antique mall a few years back after she sold out of her late husbands coins. They were cheap enough and I had already made the trip so I figured what the heck.

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

in

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2024 4:12PM

"If you or someone you know has a collecting problem, call 1-800-collector now!"

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

What am I looking for? :p

Just picked this up today.
    Very inexpensive for real worth while find/s.
    Any Victor Wembanyama's!
    Just checked ebay for these in the Haunted Hoops series.
    Crazy numbers!

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:

The only card worth anything in that era would be the 1990 Topps Mussellman card. That’s the most sought after card in the hobby.

@bgr said:

@Coinscratch said:

The only card worth anything in that era would be the 1990 Topps Mussellman card. That’s the most sought after card in the hobby.

You’re saying I have the most sought after card in the hobby lol last guy said throw that crap in the fireplace.

• STLKabongSTLKabong Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:

You could probably find someone that would be interested in the 2022 Topps Solid Gold Greats Cal Ripken Jr. Autograph.

@STLKabong said:

@Coinscratch said:

You could probably find someone that would be interested in the 2022 Topps Solid Gold Greats Cal Ripken Jr. Autograph.

Those newer cards mixed in are my son’s can’t sell those. He wants to be on a card someday currently playing 14U.
    Later I’ll take some pics of all and post them just in case you could spot something good.

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joey,
    I seen that your thread was moved to the card site. Let me tell you, I’m sorry a few took to bashing. As far as I’m concerned you’re right up there with the legend of Ricko…….you’re the best! I enjoy everyone of your posts and your cup of Starbucks in the console. You do what you enjoy. I would rather have many hobbies than just one, which I do. Being retired will allow you the time and focus. And anyone that hangs at LG is too cool. And ever time I see a your post , your reference to Jesus reminds me of just how blessed I am in this life.

@air4mdc said:
    Joey,
    I seen that your thread was moved to the card site. Let me tell you, I’m sorry a few took to bashing. As far as I’m concerned you’re right up there with the legend of Ricko…….you’re the best! I enjoy everyone of your posts and your cup of Starbucks in the console. You do what you enjoy. I would rather have many hobbies than just one, which I do. Being retired will allow you the time and focus. And anyone that hangs at LG is too cool. And ever time I see a your post , your reference to Jesus reminds me of just how blessed I am in this life.

Wow, what fantastic things you said.
    I appreciate that. Esp about RickO.
    Nice compliment.
    However, not really true.
    Thanks.
    And yes, you are blessed.
    Jesus Loves You!