Home U.S. Coin Forum

How has 2024 treated you so far as a collector?

2»

Comments

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve gotten a lot of cool stuff this year 👍

• 124Spider124Spider Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2024 7:12PM

That kind of depends on how you define "2024." :)

I ordered the most expensive coin (by far) that I have ever bought, at the very end of 2023, and it arrived in 2024; it completed my Morgan dollar collection (1893-S in PCGS VF25). If that counts as "2024," it has been a great year.

I have bought a couple of coins since then, but nothing really special. I'm saving my spare change to buy the last SLQ I don't have (1916), which may happen before the end of 2023. I have also been outbid on a couple of coins I really wanted.

I lost interest in upgrading, since I'm not rich enough to do that forever. So, now, I'm just buying coins that interest me, which generally are very expensive.

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@124Spider said:

I ordered the most expensive coin (by far) that I have ever bought, at the very end of 2023, and it arrived in 2024; it completed my Morgan dollar collection (1893-S in PCGS VF25). If that counts as "2024," it has been a great year.

I have bought a couple of coins since then, but nothing really special. I'm saving my spare change to buy the last SLQ I don't have (1916), which may happen before the end of 2023. I have also been outbid on a couple of coins I really wanted.

I lost interest in upgrading, since I'm not rich enough to do that forever. So, now, I'm just buying coins that interest me, which generally are very expensive.

Think you meant end of 2024 for the 1916.

• 124Spider124Spider Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheGoonies1985 said:

@124Spider said:

Think you meant end of 2024 for the 1916.

Good catch! I'd fix it, but I don't want to trigger the infamous "your post is under review" forum bug.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file