Home U.S. Coin Forum

This is why whiskey was created

PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a phone call today and the lady she had a 2005 nickel with the buffalo upside down!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• tincuptincup Posts: 5,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh.... the dead buffalo variety??

Just part of the business/hobby.

----- kj
  • PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oddly enough, many people call me asking if I’m a coin collector. They don’t search for dealers, helpful tip for SEO.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of the episode where Andy tries to sell
    Barney a nickel with the Buffalo faced in the wrong
    direction.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, the paws up bison, a true sleeper 😈

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

The next time I get a call like that I'm going to act very excited, whether it is a steel cent, "gold" dollar, etc. offer 5X more than it is worth so I'll get a lot more people calling to sell their coins!

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of people have never noticed that US coins don't have a medal alignment

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tipped a waitress with a Presidential dollar , the other day. She looked excited and said she hardly ever sees them. I thought : “hmmmmmm, I should do this more often “ In all the years in a coin shop, I don’t think one person ever called for one , so they get spent / gifted or deposited. One day they will have another presidential dollar. I can’t see it ever ending. See why I think whiskey was made ?

HE>I

• COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was an Andy Griffith episode, where Andy had Barney convinced to buy a Nickel from him, where the buffalo was facing the wrong direction

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    I tipped a waitress with a Presidential dollar , the other day. She looked excited and said she hardly ever sees them. I thought : “hmmmmmm, I should do this more often “ In all the years in a coin shop, I don’t think one person ever called for one , so they get spent / gifted or deposited. One day they will have another presidential dollar. I can’t see it ever ending. See why I think whiskey was made ?

So, you tipped her a whole dollar 😂

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COINS MAKE CENTS
    @Tibor

There's a link to the YouTube video of the Andy Griffith episode above.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a picture of the animal that posed for the coin.

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Next time you get a call that starts, "I have a $1000 bill from 1840.....", cut them off and predict it's serial number-#8894- and they will surely respond "How did you know that?" You can then claim to be psychic and they may not be as angry or disappointed with their fake.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2024 9:08AM

I have found a 2005-P buffalo nickel with a rotated die. Maybe your customer is onto something.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.
    Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24

• ARCOARCO Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PTVETTER said:
    I had a phone call today and the lady she had a 2005 nickel with the buffalo upside down!

No doubt, you crookedly lowballed her and sold the coin for a big profit. :)

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Buck & a quarter. There is way more to my stories. I just give tidbits. She went home without a date.

HE>I

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@Coinscratch said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Buck & a quarter. There is way more to my stories. I just give tidbits. She went home without a date.

Good man. She probably gets a lot of dollar tips, lol.

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MWallace said:

@PTVETTER said:

Reminds me of this episode of The Andy Griffith Show.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xhcYVqe5AWw

Did any one notice that in the Andy Griffith video that they are actually pointing the wrong way that the Buffalo would actually be pointing?

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did anyone mention the Andy Griffith episode yet?

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2024 6:31PM

Reading some of the posts here (or forever threads) if not the Keyboard griefers here (trolls) I do need some whiskey.

Coins & Currency

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file