Home U.S. Coin Forum

Overpaid for a CBH for type - 1808 in VG08 — REFUNDED

SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 31, 2024 7:15AM in U.S. Coin Forum

….i like the look!….so I spent $250 on eBay, which is $50 over PCGS retail, and more in line with what VG8’s go for in F15.

But I’ve received nothing from the seller in over 3 days, no replies to my friendly messages, no indications it has been shipped — in my experience that’s unusual — so it may be a claim-in-the-making. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Life happens, I get it, so we shall see…

Seller’s pics.

Comments

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭

USPS tracking has been really messed up lately. Nice coin and my guess is that you will have it in hand soon,

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

David, do you have the link to post?

I like the originality of that lady!!

I don't think I've ever owned a VG08 coin, I hope the deal flies for you.

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    David, do you have the link to post?

I like the originality of that lady!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374024977956

peacockcoins

• I liked that coin a lot.

It's very clear why it got CAC.

I was close to grabbing it myself.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome coin for the grade! You did not overpay IMO.

Best, SH

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2024 4:21PM

@constitutional_halve said:
    I liked that coin a lot.

It's very clear why it got CAC.

I was close to grabbing it myself.

Yeah it kept popping up in my feed, and I’d watch it along with many other watchers, then I’d remove it from my list, and that cycle happened a couple of times … then eventually it popped up again and I just said what the heck.

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully it arrives. I had one experience with a seller from the UK who also wasn't replying for over a week. Eventually he did send me a message and said the coin was shipped. It arrived a little while later and all was good. Some infrequent sellers are slow and it can be unnerving. If you like the coin, give it some more time. In the worst case, eBay will refund you if there is nothing from the seller.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope this all works out for you 🙏

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2024 7:15AM

@johnny9434 said:

Well I never did hear from the seller. eBay initiated full refund today under their purchase protection program … this is a first for me after being on eBay for decades ….. so no CBH for me! Next time I guess. ☮️

Ok, this is the way it worked out, sorta 🙂

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's too bad. 'Twas a nice looking coin!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • davewesendavewesen Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SeattleSlammer said:

@johnny9434 said:

Well I never did hear from the seller. eBay initiated full refund today under their purchase protection program … this is a first for me after being on eBay for decades ….. so no CBH for me! Next time I guess. ☮️

Did you start the refund process? I usually wait 2 weeks before getting worried unless the feedback says the seller is a scammer. Not all sellers are on eBay daily or can ship within 1 day.

edited August 31, 2024 3:24PM

@davewesen said:

@SeattleSlammer said:

@johnny9434 said:

Did you start the refund process? I usually wait 2 weeks before getting worried unless the feedback says the seller is a scammer. Not all sellers are on eBay daily or can ship within 1 day.

Says ebay started the refund already
    Note: sound like there's nothing from the seller 🙂

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is strange, it seems eBay killed the account and the guy only had 2 sales in last few months.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_fss=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=kerho4&LH_SpecificSeller=1&LH_Complete=1

• Very strange. Oh well. Couple bucks more gets ya a decent VF20

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file